DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY APP UPDATE _DJI have launched the new version 1.5.1 (2005) for android

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
DJI have launched the new version 1.5.1 (2005) for android - this wont come as an update within the app so you will have to download from DJI or from the link in this google drive in this video description : https://youtu.be/B_aW4G4bGWo Hopefully this will fix some of the issues experienced by android 12 users / black screen issues.

One report says there is no change at all advanced gimble still wont reset and still getting minus Hight on landing!

Another reviewer reported this:
New Feature on Air 2s is the ability to use Active Track modes in Dlog or HLG as long as resolution is 4K or less and framerate is 40FPS or less. Active track was previously only available in normal color profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufargon and VanP
Not sure if this is related but I tried to open the Go4 app on my Samsung S21ultra+ yesterday and got a notice that there is a BUG. I notified DJI and they informed me that... Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps. I haven't checked my MEMO app yet ! The work around is that you can download the apps from DJI directly.

Reactions: Archiecat
Is this in reference to DJI Go4 specifically?

Is this in reference to DJI Go4 specifically?
This is in reference to the DJI Go4 app from the Google play store installed on my Samsung S21ultra+. The following is from DJI ...
Thanks for contacting DJI Support.
We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.

In regard to this issue, may I confirm you have tried to download and install the DJI Go 4 App from the Google Playstore? If it is, the reason for this issue is that due to some reason, Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps
I don't usually use the app on my phone but have it on there just in case. And the MEMO app for my OM4 seems to be working fine so no ideal what's going on with DJI and Google, other than politics that is.

This is in reference to the DJI Go4 app from the Google play store installed on my Samsung S21ultra+. The following is from DJI ...
Thanks for contacting DJI Support.
We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.

In regard to this issue, may I confirm you have tried to download and install the DJI Go 4 App from the Google Playstore? If it is, the reason for this issue is that due to some reason, Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps
I don't usually use the app on my phone but have it on there just in case. And the MEMO app for my OM4 seems to be working fine so no ideal what's going on with DJI and Google, other than politics that is.
Google / DJI dropped each other months ago for all DJI apps it seems. I don't use the Go4, so maybe it was still there; but the FlyApp was pulled long ago.

You go to DJI's download page if you don't have the apps and need to install. After that it should tell you when there is an update in a message on the screen or you can check in the "settings" of the app.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Maybe uninstalling and installing a pre 1.4.8 version to get you going until DJI can figure out what is going on.
This won't affect this issue as 1.5.0 worked fine with Android 11 on that device and stopped working with the Samsung update to Android 12. So it's not related to Fly 1.5.x but also would occur on previous versions. The app must be adapted to the new device behavior under Android 12 to solve the issue. Also the Mimo app for the gimbals is affected by this issue btw.

Reactions: tlswift58
This won't affect this issue as 1.5.0 worked fine with Android 11 on that device and stopped working with the Samsung update to Android 12. So it's not related to Fly 1.5.x but also would occur on previous versions. The app must be adapted to the new device behavior under Android 12 to solve the issue. Also the Mimo app for the gimbals is affected by this issue btw.
Ah, don't have a device that goes to A12. My Mimo works fine on my older Moto-Z (A11), as does the FlyApp.

Maybe DJI is working on the issue since it seems to be an Android thing.

I can attest that version 1.5.1 worked with my Galaxy S21 that was just updated to Android ver 12. I had to sideload it, as others have pointed out it is no longer available on the Google Play store. I just tested it this morning and everything seems to work.

I had not updated the Fly App in a while, but got a rude surprise when thoughtlessly allowing my phone to be updated to Android ver 12 over the weeknd, and then having the Fly app crash when trying to launch it this morning, and secondly getting a pit in my stomach after realizing the app was no longer available via the app store. Good thing the sideload thing worked!

Reactions: citecite
!! BREAKING NEWS !!
New Version (1638265859269-DJI-v1.5.1-211130-2025-49901-official-sec.apk) released. This Version brings back the Live Feed on the S21 Ultra with Android 12.
Download via DJI Website.

Does Fly 1.5.1 fix the inability to select HLG on Air2s? Unless that is fixed, I will not upgrade.

I checked if 1.5.1 latest is fixing the HLG issue on Air2s introduced by 1.5.
I am happy to report - it is fixed. I am now running 1.5.1.
Thanks DJI!

!! BREAKING NEWS !!
New Version (1638265859269-DJI-v1.5.1-211130-2025-49901-official-sec.apk) released. This Version brings back the Live Feed on the S21 Ultra with Android 12.
Download via DJI Website.
Thanks AnGo. Updated my pixel 6 and can confirm I'm back flying my air 2s!

The only thing I have noticed is that it seems that the screen has moved to the right (the letterbox has a bigger gap on the left of screen than the right). It seems that it's not centred on my phone. I wonder if it's a setting for me or others have noticed

Reactions: AnGo
It seems that it's not centred on my phone.
Yes it is the same here. The app seems to avoid the screen part where the selfie cam / notch is located and starts drawing the ui only right of it.

But there is a trick: Phone Settings > Display > Full Screen Apps > Camera Cutout
Select DJI Fly App and set its behavior to "Show Camera Cutout" to make the app use the whole display area.
Downside: You will probably not be able to see or tap on the start/land button on the left side of the screen as it is then located exactly at the position of my front camera, but at least I didn't even use this button at all.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is related but I tried to open the Go4 app on my Samsung S21ultra+ yesterday and got a notice that there is a BUG. I notified DJI and they informed me that... Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps. I haven't checked my MEMO app yet ! The work around is that you can download the apps from DJI directly.
Just to be clear, Google didn't drop support. DJI just decided they wanted to deliver the app directly, probably to avoid paying the Play Store their cut as the software distributor. Any inconvenience with it not coming via the Play Store is all on DJI.

Thanks for the info. The same thing happened to me yesterday also. Went DJI downloaded their app. Just went outside everything seems to work fine. To windy to go for a flight, but went up hovered. Can't wait for a better day to fly.

Thanks for the info. The same thing happened to me yesterday also. Went DJI downloaded their app. Just went outside everything seems to work fine. To windy to go for a flight, but went up hovered. Can't wait for a better day to fly.

You can go download it directlyi from DJI and it will work. You will have to go into settings/apps/DJI(app) and allow downloads from the provider.

I have to do it with all my DJI apps including MIMO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13