DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app disconnected twice during flight today

Be very interested to hear what they say, hopefully it'll be either the cable at fault or a software problem with the controller, either of which should be easy enough to resolve.

This was the main part of their response

While we await for further development of our products, we appreciate your patience towards this case as we are forwarding these related cases thru our Development Team.

Maybe I am being pessimistic but it seems that they are not giving it much priority.

I would suggest everyone who has the same issue raise a support call and then it might make them aware that it isn't an isolated case

Reactions: Rory McCune
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy. I am going to try my son's iPod touch to see if it's the Mavic itself. If not, I will start a service tag with DJI

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy. I am going to try my son's iPod touch to see if it's the Mavic itself. If not, I will start a service tag with DJI
I didn't have any problems when using iPhone, the problems for me only happens when using androids I have tried different makes and models of androids & had the same random disconnection on all of them.

I have found posts that indicate the factory usb cable is not very good.
The iPod can't install Go 4. I am going to try a different cable using the port on the bottom of the remote.
I'll report back hopefully by tomorrow.

So, I've encountered the same problem using DJI Go 4 and my iPhone 7 Plus. Initially, I had no problems whatsoever. . Then, for reasons unknown, I would repeatedly get the gray screen, then the video "pause" and fade and then the dreaded f'ing "Disconnect". I cannot say for certain that it was a result of the latest update. I did have the iPhone 7 Plus pushed right up against the bottom of the remote and plugged into the side of the RC. I've deduced it to two possible reasons.
1. Like any imitation iPhone lightning cord that you get on the cheap - they stop working and/or have connection problems. My wife's generic cord has to be turned and twisted just right to charge her 7 Plus.
2. Apparently when you push the iPhone 7 Plus flush up against the bottom of the RC, plugged into the side, there is some sort of interference. (At least that's what I've gathered from this forum)
Solution: I position my iPhone 7 Plus further down in the grips of the RC and plug the OEM Lightning cord into the bottom USB. The plug is actually flush against the bottom of the RC grip which leaves enough space between the top of the phone and the bottom of the remote to reduce any interference that may exist. Been doing it this way without issue. A little tedious with the extra cord hanging down though. I keep the iPad handy in case I have to quickly patch it in if there is the dreaded f'ing "disconnect" with my iPhone 7 Plus for my own sanity.
It has reduced my flying anxiety and restored my confidence.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Be2daErtin
Multiple cables on two different Android phones same result. I am convinced I need to go back to previous update. I will try a clean install of Go 4 and then I'm going to open a service tag. All I want to do is fly and I have zero confidence with the current situation.

Reactions: Palliz
Multiple cables on two different Android phones same result. I am convinced I need to go back to previous update. I will try a clean install of Go 4 and then I'm going to open a service tag. All I want to do is fly and I have zero confidence with the current situation.
Yep - having same problem since updating I use Android & never had a problem before! Will try to go back to previous version as the updates didnt really change anything with Android users. EXCEPT constant disconnects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major improvements since clean reinstall of Go 4. Still a few glitches. Hopefully some tuning will fix.

First flight today since last week's firmware Upgrade. It's almost like new. I think an IMU calibration will make it near amazing. A total auhhhh! Moment today. Please recommend any other calibrations you think might help.
Bottom line. Finally no disconnects. [emoji2]

I have experienced similar problems with my MP.
Tried it with 4 different devices, all Android, had long conversations with customer services at Heliguy and after much deliberation have decided to return it to them to test it themselves.
I dont own an apple device to try it with, I cant stand Apple products..
Best outcome will be something is faulty and Heliguy simply replace it, (which they said they will) or worst case is its down to the devices I have been using and I have to buy an Apple one.
Find it hard to believe it could be the devices as the same disconnect problem occurred with all 4. Huawei Ascent Mate 7(DJI recommended device) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and 2 Samsung tablets.
Pretty pi55ed off as I have waited almost 6 months for this thing to arrive, only to have issues with it already....Wish I'd kept the P3A now.

I hope you get it ironed out Jordi. Mine is finally usable again. Had another good flight last night.
Here's what I did.
1. Update to the latest firmware.
2. Update Go 4 app
3. Calibrate IMU
4. Sensor calibration
5. Auto Gimbal calibration
6. Compass calibration
7. Freq selection - auto

Reactions: Jordi555
Cheers
Hope I haven't sent it away for no reason
I'm pining for it already!

Had this issue with iPhone 6s first time today after roughly 70 flights since Jan2016. Maybe it's the cable , maybe the new firmware 0600. I need more testing.

Last night I installed the newest DJI firmware update. Today while flying over a river the app disconnected twice from the drone. First time I closed the app and reopened. Then the second time i had to close app and disconnect iPhone. After the second time, I brought the Mavic home. Rattled to say the least! Thankfully I didn't lose it. Maybe this is a glitch in the new firmware? Anyone else had this happen since installing new firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
YES it has happened twice so far. Thanks for the Return Home I still have my Mavic
I had the same issue this morning with the same configuration. The only difference is I had a 7+ instead of a 7. I'll be interested to hear whether using the other port makes a difference. I won't have a chance to try again until the weekend.
Changing ports and cables did not help me so I just ordered a tablet. Thought it might be my phone. Let you know how that turns out in a few days.

Similar issues on my last flight. 71 Flights since 28 March.

iPad Mini 2, Firmware .0600, DJI Go 4, Current Update.

Flew fine for about three minutes until about 150' distance then complete DJI GO 4 disconnect.

I'm using an OEM Apple cable that came with my iPad Mini 2, plugged into the bottom USB on the RC.

Tried unplugging the iPad, then rebooting the app, then hard resetting the iPad, none worked.

Pulled the Litchi app up and connected in a few seconds, flew it home, rebooted Mavic, RC, iPad, never had an issue the rest of the afternoon.

This is my first firmware related issue.

Tried GO app version 4.0.7 today. First battery using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" (SM-T810) which got an update to Android 7.0 few days ago. Worked perfectly as before with running Android 6.0.1.
Then second battery using my Sony Xperia XZ running Android 7.0. Also no problems and I really thought DJI might have finally fixed that terrible memory leak leading to all these crashes and freezes in the past.
But when changing to the third battery and again using the Xperia the GO app begun lagging at about 60% battery and shortly after the whole phone was frozen, requiring a total restart. So the problem is still not solved.

Yep - having same problem since updating I use Android & never had a problem before! Will try to go back to previous version as the updates didnt really change anything with Android users. EXCEPT constant disconnects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did going back to a previous version of the app work? I'm having the same issue and will try rolling back the app as well.

Yes - I am now flying .400
Super happy I was able to revert back. All the other updates have me being disconnected on a way too frequent basis.
Hope this helps you make the decision to go back to .400
Seriously flown 9 batteries since reverting back & no disconnects even at 3 kilometers out.....!

Thank you. Yes, that helps. I tried .400 as well and everything worked fine again. For giggles, I tried upgrading back to the current version and the problem came right back. It definitely looks like an firmware-related issue.

Last edited:
I had the same issue this morning with the same configuration. The only difference is I had a 7+ instead of a 7. I'll be interested to hear whether using the other port makes a difference. I won't have a chance to try again until the weekend.
I have had this issue since day one! DJI is no help, they told me to use a device from their list so i went and got a google nexis tablet, still same issue when i turn it on it may take 10 min to even get the video signal in the app it will say ready to fly but once you click it the app opens and says aircraft disconected, ---------- If im lucky i can fly but I may loose video feed mid flight at any moment so im too scared to even go above 30 feet or leave the yard DEPRESSING..... I use the full size usb under the RC so for the folks who think using that will solve this IT WONT

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661