DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GS pro error. App will not allow more than 99 waypoints.

Reactions
IMG_3740.JPG IMG_4480.JPG Im having issues getting the app to work with more than 99 waypoints. It works fine with anything under 99 without any issue. Has anyone been able to get around this. Attached is an image of the error. Thanks for your help.

Wow 99, the most I've ever used was 5 :). Perhaps you can put additional waypoints in another mission?

I had that message, and I had to change the altitude to reduce the number of waypoints. I didn't fly the mission, was just testing the settings on the app. Thinking this is either a limit set by DJI or a glitch in the app, I am going with the later.

The reason you're exceeding the 99 waypoint limit is they way the mission has been configured... If you set the "Capture Mode" to "Hover and Capture", then each photo is considered a "Waypoint". Example: Photomap mission with 11 parallel lines. Coverage is 3.88 acres. The capture mode is "hover and capture". The total waypoints for the mission will be 128 waypoints.

When you tap on the "Fly" mission button, it will bring up the checklist. The last task on that list is uploading of the waypoints to the Mavic's memory... I believe it uses the Mavic's internal memory instead of the SD card so it apparently only can hold 99 waypoints. If you have more than 99 waypoints, it will post the error you've attached above.

When you fly the mission, it will fly each waypoint and shoot photos at each photo point. When it gets to the 99th waypoint, it will stop and let you know you cannot proceed. The options will be to resume at the next waypoint or to exit the mission. When you select the "Resume" option, it goes to the pre-mission checklist again where it "should" upload the next 99 waypoints and then continue... But - In my case, there's another bug or issue. It says I'm beyond a mile from the home point and will not resume... So I'm trying to figure out why this is and how to fix.

There are a couple of things you can do to avoid this 99 waypoint limit. 1. Raise you're altitude which will reduce the overall number of photos needed. 2. Change the Capture Mode to "Time or Distance" instead of "Hover & Capture" (This is the easiest way but impats the overall quality of you're images). 3. Change the front and side overlap to less overlap. The goal here is to require less than 99 waypoints.

Also - You can break up the missions so that each mission has no more than 99 waypoints. Set all except the final mission to just hover as the end of mission action. Then for the last mission set the end of mission action to RTH. Then fly the missions in order and as each one finishes, load the next mission and start it from where you're hovering. This takes a lot of work and you "must" make sure the start point for each successive mission is close to where the last one finished. Too much work IMHO...

The best overall solution is for DJI to fix the issue all together... Mission waypoints should be saved to the SD card and the mission waypoints loaded to the Mavic's internal memory in 99 waypoint chunks in real-time. As long as the failed mission action is always cached then this should work fine.

Hope this helps..

The reason you're exceeding the 99 waypoint limit is they way the mission has been configured.
As you see, this thread is from Jan 2017 - it's more than 3 years old ...
At that time it was impossible to have a flight plan with more than 99 waypoints. That's why the mission will not start from the very beginning.

With the release of version 2.0.0 of GSPro DJI made a change in the code that made it possible to start with more than 99 waypoints. The mission is grouped in chunks of max. 99 WP's each.

When the 99th WP is reached you simply press 'resume' and the next group of WP#s will be executed.

But - In my case, there's another bug or issue. It says I'm beyond a mile from the home point and will not resume... So I'm trying to figure out why this is and how to fix.
I replied in your thread.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi