DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Marketing Dept Really Needs To Stop The Crap.

Robbyg

Reactions
I have never seen a company like DJI.
We all know of the Mavic Mess, the premature unveiling and sample distribution. The super VLOG hype of a product that was months away from being ready for mass production. And yet we could sort of forgive them because hey it was Karma that drove DJI into the madness and so yes this was a one time screw up by company seeking to kill the competition.

Fast Forward 5 Months and one would think DJI would have learned a few things from the bad PR that the Mavic delays created, but Oh No, DJI seems to have embraced this as a new business model.

They released the Mavic ND filters, I order a set 3 days after the website had them up for sale and yet it took DJI 8 weeks to finally get my order filled and now I feel like that guy who got his Mavic in Nov 2016 because DJI for weeks has said "Out Of Stock" on the ND filters. Then you have the Prop cage, same thing. Does anyone in the world have one? It was promoted like it was available but all I see is out of stock! DJI does not even have a gimbal clamp available! WTF do you do if you lose your gimbal clamp?

This brings me to the reason I made this post. I am looking at the DJI Goggles and wondering if this is going to be more of the same. If DJI says they are available tomorrow does that mean a 2-3 month wait for those who order now? And what about a Mavic 2? If that even came out in Oct 2017 I fully expect that no one but the tech savvy pair of Casey Neista and iJustine will get one. Plus maybe Kai Wong since he now seems to be doing PR for them. Will the rest of us once again be bitching and complaining all the way until Feb 2018 or Mar 2018.

Other Musings
Will DJI have collaborated with IBM to use Watson to handle customer complaints or will the scripted responses just be reused.
Will my money be taken for 5 weeks or more while I am ignored?
And lastly now that the scammers are all aware of the fact that DJI is such a screw up when it comes to delivering a product will the Black marketers all be queuing up to buy Mavic 2's and reselling them for 50-100% more than MSRP.
I think most of them where so shocked that a good thing lasted this long, can you imagine what it will be like with the Mavic 2?

Rant Off
Rob

We all know of the Mavic Mess, the premature unveiling and sample distribution. The super VLOG hype of a product that was months away from being ready for mass production. And yet we could sort of forgive them because hey it was Karma that drove DJI into the madness and so yes this was a one time screw up by company seeking to kill the competition.

Fast Forward 5 Months and one would think DJI would have learned a few things from the bad PR that the Mavic delays created, but Oh No, DJI seems to have embraced this as a new business model.

They released the Mavic ND filters, I order a set 3 days after the website had them up for sale and yet it took DJI 8 weeks to finally get my order filled and now I feel like that guy who got his Mavic in Nov 2016 because DJI for weeks has said "Out Of Stock" on the ND filters. Then you have the Prop cage, same thing. Does anyone in the world have one? It was promoted like it was available but all I see is out of stock! DJI does not even have a gimbal clamp available! WTF do you do if you lose your gimbal clamp?

This brings me to the reason I made this post. I am looking at the DJI Goggles and wondering if this is going to be more of the same. If DJI says they are available tomorrow does that mean a 2-3 month wait for those who order now? And what about a Mavic 2? If that even came out in Oct 2017 I fully expect that no one but the tech savvy pair of Casey Neista and iJustine will get one. Plus maybe Kai Wong since he now seems to be doing PR for them. Will the rest of us once again be bitching and complaining all the way until Feb 2018 or Mar 2018.

Other Musings
Will DJI have collaborated with IBM to use Watson to handle customer complaints or will the scripted responses just be reused.
And lastly now that the scammers are all aware of the fact that DJI is such a screw up when it comes to delivering a product will the Black marketers all be queuing up to buy Mavic 2's and reselling them for 50-100% more than MSRP.
I think most of them where so shocked that a good thing lasted this long, can you imagine what it will be like with the Mavic 2?

Rant Off
Rob
Spare props and ND filters on order. Was PROMISED a ship out yesterday, after 5 weeks of waiting and still nothing. I do have my prop guards coming today, from Advexure. I am going to order from them if I don't hear back from DJI.

Other Musings

Rant Off
Rob

You're dealing with Chinese business ethics. I'm pretty sure that the concept isn't found on their culture.
When the cash has arrived on their paypal account, you're on your own.
People are always thrilled about getting refund for $5 when receiving malfunctioning product 3months after eBay purchased were made. The only reason it happens is that they're willing to pay few bucks in 1/10 orders or some so you don't give bad review.... I ******* know that's looked at as a collateral damage, making it possible to keep on scamming people with good profit.

Oh yeah, free shipping. Lol

Other Musings

Rant Off
Rob

Also, after contacting tech support on dji.com I'm 200% sure that the other side on the chat was a freaking bot. As if that wasn't enough of crap, it also seems like the person who coded those bots are dragging some extra chromosomes though life.

Spare props and ND filters on order. Was PROMISED a ship out yesterday, after 5 weeks of waiting and still nothing. I do have my prop guards coming today, from Advexure. I am going to order from them if I don't hear back from DJI.

Oh yes I know the DJI Song and Dance so well by now.
I now avoid ordering from DJI whenever possible.

Rob

DJI does not even have a gimbal clamp available! WTF do you do if you lose your gimbal clamp?

Once my Mavic arrived and I started looking at it, one of my first thoughts was "Well, that gimbal clamp is going to break or go walkabout pretty easily. I think I'll order a half-dozen." I'm still having trouble believing replacements aren't available.

Same with the little black landing skids on the body. As I was putting stuff back in the box I saw the cat playing with something I couldn't see on the black part of our carpet. Yep. It was a skid that had fallen off. It's very unlikely I ever would have found it on my own, and over grass or gravel it'd be gone forever. That was another part I figured I'd order a bunch of so I wouldn't have to worry.

I just don't get this. And, no - I haven't yet seen any 3D printed skids or gimbal clamps that don't look too awful for me to want.

I preordered through a distributor in October and kept getting the run around until January. I cancelled and ordered direct through DJI and got my drone in a few weeks. What has this taught me? Don't preorder anything. If it's not in stock then it's out of the equation.

I ordered the filters 7 weeks ago and they finally shipped yesterday! St least they're coming from Atlanta and should be here tomorrow.

Reactions: Mishaunc
I ordered the filters 7 weeks ago and they finally shipped yesterday! St least they're coming from Atlanta and should be here tomorrow.
Good luck with them I broke one of mine on the second day of use. So I have the polar pro , and also the PGYTECH all are 300% better than the DJI ones.

We're not really recommending the DJI ND filters either. There's better ones out there.

If you're not happy with DJI, stop buying crap from them.
You can buy better filters from Polar Pro, you can buy the props from Best Buy, smaller hobby shops or other members on this forum.
Once you have the Mavic, you can buy accessories from third parties who have them in stock.
Everyone knew from the beginning that DJI didn't meet expectations of delivery times with the actual Mavic itself. Then they couldn't ship batteries and props for weeks. It's really no surprise the same shipping issues occurred with their filters. I don't think you can complain about DJI shipping delays, because it's no surprise. If you decide to buy direct from them you can't say you didn't know what you were getting in to.

Apple is having a similar issue with their new air pods. Supply and demand I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The bots; I never knew bots could seem human, as is the case. When I complained that the firmware upgrade had taken so long it exhausted my battery, I was told the battery needed replacing, and to contact support about sending it in. ******* bots.

Not sure what to make of this.... I ordered Mavic Fly More pkg and 1 year Refresh. Shipped direct from DJI. Less than 6 days - it was here - from China to Florida. Perhaps demand exceeded supply initially - and with good reason. This is a solid product. As far as I'm concerned - we should be grateful DJI didn't raise the price. Yep - it happens often.

I ordered a Mavic Pro...... Got it quick, no problems. Works great.

I know you all are venting your frustrations, I'm sure your issues are very real, but its worth remembering that DJI ships countless thousands of these things and if everyone had the problems you guys are having, DJI would be out of business.

If you're not happy with DJI, stop buying crap from them..

Something you're forgetting is "Where are you going to go for repairs after you have problems?" Sure, you can buy from Best Buy, but you're still at the mercy of DJI when you need it fixed and returned. My friend had a bad unit right out of the box, sent it in for a replacement, and the jerks at DJI have been blowing him of for almost 2 months waiting for his new one. DJI is the worst run company I have ever seen.

I ordered a Mavic Pro...... Got it quick, no problems. Works great.

I know you all are venting your frustrations, I'm sure your issues are very real, but its worth remembering that DJI ships countless thousands of these things and if everyone had the problems you guys are having, DJI would be out of business.
I think the main topic here is the PlSS POOR service and customer relations, not the product itself.

Other Musings

Rant Off
Rob
Dont stress such a small problem, just get yourself a NON DJI set. I fly with the Freewell kit and it works just as good. The actual filter is less than 9grams and the gimbal works flawlessly. Its a consumer product.... Its out if stock.... Thst why there are ither options. 1490153380554.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78