DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Hey guys and girls!

Living in Perth, WA at the moment. New to flying drones and have my Mavic which so far is amazing! We get out alot camping and 4WD so will hopefully get to take some pretty good scenery views that most people dont get to see! Would be awesome to catch up with other people in Perth that fly for even tips to help me out and just a general meet.

Graham

Reactions: stratos
Had a look at the CASA App, "Can I Fly There?"
For me it worked for a while then locked until I did Decline or Accept of Terms - upon reading, CASA collected some info on the user? Phone number, device ID?
Wouldn't be surprised if individual flight record data would be available if needed. (CASA+DJI=Everything)
App seems good, but purpose is for Sub 2kg 'Commercial'.

I am still unclear about a NO FLY ZONE but within that the the low flying "selfie photos" appear to be ok?
It must be ok to fly anywhere even in NFZ within the 30m altitude and 50m distance, hence these limitations if you don't log in.
That would seem sensible.
I would agree with Bakerboy here that a NFZ is exactly that, but don't necessarily agree with the logic in these areas. I shot video a couple of weeks ago 10m off the ground near a building that was 25m tall. Now before everyone goes spare about how I broke the rules I am not a cowboy (I actually do the speed limit while everyone else passes me), but I do believe in appropriate rusk assessments and (knowing where and how I flew it) I can't see how this posed ANY risk to ANYONE..

Had a look at the CASA App, "Can I Fly There?"
For me it worked for a while then locked until I did Decline or Accept of Terms - upon reading, CASA collected some info on the user? Phone number, device ID?
Wouldn't be surprised if individual flight record data would be available if needed. (CASA+DJI=Everything)
App seems good, but purpose is for Sub 2kg 'Commercial'.

I am still unclear about a NO FLY ZONE but within that the the low flying "selfie photos" appear to be ok?
It must be ok to fly anywhere even in NFZ within the 30m altitude and 50m distance, hence these limitations if you don't log in.
That would seem sensible.

This question is specially relevant for the Mavic and the Spark.

Thanks BB, tapping only tells me to contact the airport owners.

will have a look at ozrunways

Flinders Ranges. Amazing part of Australia.
Mavic distance was about 360m
3249348d0ab291f840fdbe2b0cfc210b.jpg

Ejay, Flinders is a great spot, great shot, would love to get back there again one day.

Reactions: EJay
Look forward to some shots.
Although we are a "pilots" site, I love the way we can see great places beyond our norm - especially from our Mavic eyes [emoji102]

pics are good as well as video, I do both.

have you tried the hanger360 app on the app store ?

Reactions: EJay
Yeah, I've got Hangar. Works well usually, need to remember to take leg extensions off before.

why do i need to take legs off ?

I have done a couple over the sea and the stitching is not the best, they say it could be the waves moving between each shot.

Thanks - Just found Hangar 360
Will give it a fly next chance.

I've got an ARN with CASA and also applied through them with an intention to fly in certain states. Have paperwork and reg numbers from them which hopefully I can wave in front of people to get permission in other areas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan