DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 New Compass

It's not interference of Hall sensor thing, because some people have this "90°” problem on their smart controllers.

I have this problem on: mini with Iphone/ Air 2 with Iphone/ Air 2 with smart controller. That sucks

The tip indicator does rotate around as the pilot turns around, but it is off by 90 degrees. Here is part 1 showing the N indicator as well as some concerns
Your mobile device orientation seemed off.

Make sure you calibrate it only after it is attached to the remote control. The magnetic field of the device is influenced by the components inside the remote. This has always been the case with the old remote of the Mavic Mini.

just adding a comment to follow this. also wanted to state that I believe its an issue with the fly app itself. I have a smart controller with ma2. just got an update for the SC that updated to 1.2.2 with the new compass. the blue arrow showing controller direction is 90 degrees off in the fly app. I load the go 4 app and guess what? its correct orientation. this is really annoying and seems like it has been an issue for many and for a while. not sure how the app operates on regular phones, but on the SC the maps are extremely laggy too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paleomanjim
just adding a comment to follow this. also wanted to state that I believe its an issue with the fly app itself. I have a smart controller with ma2. just got an update for the SC that updated to 1.2.2 with the new compass. the blue arrow showing controller direction is 90 degrees off in the fly app. I load the go 4 app and guess what? its correct orientation. this is really annoying and seems like it has been an issue for many and for a while. not sure how the app operates on regular phones, but on the SC the maps are extremely laggy too.
I use an Ipone 8s and it all works perfect, so do the Mini2.

iPhone 8 plus and also got the 90 degree problem. When using Google maps the orientation is correct.

Thanks, appreciate the input. It seems that most of the videos I have watched on Youtube that show the compass are off by 90 degrees, but a couple seem to be OK. I wonder it is only affecting the folks that use iPhones? Android phones download a different app I think and maybe those are ok?
Has there been any updates on this in the last 2 weeks? I'm having the same issue and was hoping a fix would be out pretty quickly. I had no problems on the older app version but with this one its frustrating to fly the drone and not be able to point the controller at it. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro.

Has there been any updates on this in the last 2 weeks? I'm having the same issue and was hoping a fix would be out pretty quickly. I had no problems on the older app version but with this one its frustrating to fly the drone and not be able to point the controller at it. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro.
I assumed DJI would have addressed this issue by now but so far they have not. . I also just switched to the iPhone 12 last week, same old problem of 90 degree offset. I have learned to live with it, but at this point I wish they would switch back to the old compass which I actually used. The new attitude indicator is nice, but I rarely look at it except to return the drone back home.

I love this one SOOOO much more (watch @ 2:48)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez