Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 - Smart Controlled support

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
E068B25A-988E-4F41-B755-ABF5073C1050.pngI am just leaving this news here from OsitaLV

Hopefully they resolve the installation problems on the new firmware. I dont see why not will be compatible since is the same app and will be Ocusync. The question is, will be dual band?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I think the Smart Controller will be compatible with the Mini 2 on launch. The issue with support for the smart control was it only support 32bit software architecture and the fly app was designed for 64bit. So it was a matter of creating a 32bit DJI Fly app for the smart controller.

The controller for the Mini 2 appears to be the same as the Air 2. And both along with the Smart Controller have Occusync 2.0. So I see no compatibility issues.

The only problem will be if DJI decides to prevents compatibility.

I think the Smart Controller will be compatible with the Mini 2 on launch. The issue with support for the smart control was it only support 32bit software architecture and the fly app was designed for 64bit. So it was a matter of creating a 32bit DJI Fly app for the smart controller.

The controller for the Mini 2 appears to be the same as the Air 2. And both along with the Smart Controller have Occusync 2.0. So I see no compatibility issues.

Incorrect. The SC is 100% 64 bit. I don't use Fly but the 64 bit version of Dronelink has been running on SC for at least a year.
The updates had to do with firmware not supporting an update to Occusync.

I can't help but think how awkward it is to have a controller worth more than the drone it controlls.?

The smart controller is not intended to replace or be a tablet even when can handle some of the apps if not most.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466