DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Warranty

kiribati

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I live in Argentina but I plan getting a Mavic from a trip abroad (huge difference $), so my questions are: the DJI warranty will still be valid? It's international? In case I need to use it, i'll have to take the mavic to the local service center? (there's only one here, according to DJI website).
I can't get either the DJI Care refresh either...
Anything to have in mind before buying it?
Thanks!

Before you buy abroad, find out what problems you might have in returning home. Your government might charge a tariff or simply seize goods they didn't want imported.

Also, with the wait times everyone has to buy the drone, are you sure you can get one into your hands during your trip?

Before you buy abroad, find out what problems you might have in returning home. Your government might charge a tariff or simply seize goods they didn't want imported.

Also, with the wait times everyone has to buy the drone, are you sure you can get one into your hands during your trip?

Yes, I already know the custom's regulation and it's fees...
About the times, i was thinking of getting in a store, just if they have in stock (if don't, maybe a P3A)

What really worries me is if i'm covered is the unit i get is defective, because i won't have many time to try it before i came back home. Edit: Using the warranty in a different country of which it was bought.

I have seen a few post about this and they all seemed to say the warranty was in the region of purchase, drop DJI support and email to confirm.

e.g USA only covered in the USA if i purchased one in the USA and came home to the UK with it i would not have a warranty.

I have seen a few post about this and they all seemed to say the warranty was in the region of purchase, drop DJI support and email to confirm.

e.g USA only covered in the USA if i purchased one in the USA and came home to the UK with it i would not have a warranty.

DJI support told me that, wherever i buy the drone, i'll have to send it to their Center in Carson, California...
And the local "recommended service center", although it's indicated in DJI official website, won't cater the drone warranty. Even if i buy it here, i'll have to send it to California...

Well, that makes me reconsider everything. :(

I was wondering the exact same thing. I live in the uk and the price in the USA is £300 cheaper ! (And in stock) I have written to DJI for clarification but surprise surprise i never got a reply. Obviously dealers here in the uk are reluctant to advise as they would like the sale. Like you i dont want to purchase a drone only to find some manufacturing issues and then be stuck with a warranty problem. Likewise using 'refresh' would be a waste of a 'life' if the issue is covered under the warranty. Difficult to know what to do.

Ok I have received a reply from DJI and this question regarding the warranty has been answered. I have pasted the reply below. In 2 weeks time I will be visiting the USA and already have a supplier where the ordering process is State Tax free. So the Mavic Pro price is $999 compared to £1099 for the basic package.

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The warranty of DJI product is international.
You are recommended to purchase from our online store:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can purchase the drone in US, and purchase the DJI care Refresh on UK page.
We have the repairing center in Germany.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for supporting DJI.
For more information,please do not hesitate to let me know.
Your generous support has always been our motive to improve.
Wish you have a nice day.

As you can see from the reply the nearest repair centre is based in Germany so not far but more importantly are those words 'The warranty of the DJI product is international'

Yes, I already know the custom's regulation and it's fees...
About the times, i was thinking of getting in a store, just if they have in stock (if don't, maybe a P3A)

What really worries me is if i'm covered is the unit i get is defective, because i won't have many time to try it before i came back home. Edit: Using the warranty in a different country of which it was bought.
See my reply at he end of the post .. the warranty is international confirmed today by DJI

See my reply at he end of the post .. the warranty is international confirmed today by DJI... Good News and £300 cheaper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh