DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

That's encouraging but at the same time I find it hard to believe that lots of other people didn't try the default settings before starting to play around with them. What do you other guys say?
Well, if you’re having the water color issue then test it for yourself ! As proof is in the images !

Would you guys consider these pictures to be the same issue? They do seem of low detail. Let me know your thoughts. All are ISO 100 with two pictures having shutter speed 1/100 (using ND16 filter) and the other 1/500.

Shot with Raw or jpeg initially?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guys I can almost tell you what the issue is. I read this thread and was starting to believe my new bird was defective too but today I decided to re set my setting to 0,0,0 and no grading just simple standard. To my surprise I was blown away and no water color issue showed up as I did have it set to -1,-2,-1 and imaging was muddy and water color O roma looking ! Jpgs looked yucky but raw files look great ! So DJI needs to fix the settings on the - on the sharpness contrast and saturation as it looks like a firmware update is defiantly needed! BTW these images are screen grabs from video’s
We all need to test this, hopefully the solution! Are you on latest fw ?

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

That's encouraging but at the same time I find it hard to believe that lots of other people didn't try the default settings before starting to play around with them. What do you other guys say?

I agree... although not discounting it, most certainly need further testing when the weather clears up which is taking forever!!

I've seen experienced videographers that swear by -1 -1 -1... why are they not having similar problems?

I've also not got an ND filter which could be part of the problem too.

I am thinking this might actually be true, I know several well known YouTube guys were telling everyone to shoot in art. Is it possible that art is styalizing the photos and video? I was having the same thing and then I just chose none and kept everything at o and am getting wonderful sharp,videos and pictures. This is just a screen grab, I will shoot some raw stills soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.PNG
    IMG_0207.PNG
    5.9 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: lee11lee
Video as well, no watercolor affect anymore. The opening shot as well as the waterfall are Mavic Pro.

For me it did not help to adjust the style, tried sharpness -1,0,+1. The raw file also had watercolor effect.

Hope it is better when I get it back!

I am thinking this might actually be true, I know several well known YouTube guys were telling everyone to shoot in art. Is it possible that art is styalizing the photos and video? I was having the same thing and then I just chose none and kept everything at o and am getting wonderful sharp,videos and pictures. This is just a screen grab, I will shoot some raw stills soon.

Do you have ND filters? Maybe it is. Art is no longer an option but it is possible that they're using that through litchi

If an effect like this depends on specific settings, it is clearly a software issue. Not a sensor issue, not anything else in hardware. So it doesn't make sense to send a Mavic in for repair or something. It does make sense to complain to DJI support about this so they can see that many people have this issue, look at it, and fix it in a firmware update.

Also here's an interesting thought, I know if I open litchi and select any color profile and then close litchi and open DJi go 4, whatever color profile I selected is now selected in the go 4 app, (even profiles that are not there anymore like art and vivid. Also I have the regular DJi go app on my phone as I use it with my osmo mobile. I have heard on some of the forums that if you choose art as a color profile on the original go app it will actually show up on the go 4 app but titled as NONE, meaning you think you are shooting in none but are actually shooting in art, phew! That's confusing. I would try changing your color profile from whatever it is and then selecting NONE to hopefully reboot the profile. Or I guess you could just delete the app and re download it.

Reactions: maikm
Basically I have a suspicion that some of these color profiles are like instagram filters and might be giving our mavics a painted look.

I have the same issue with My Mavic,I tested it today, it seems ND filter cause the issue.

ND filters cause the watercolor effect? That's definitely not the case for me.
Hi Josh,I had no idea what exactly cause the watercolour effect, for me ,it seems the ND filter cause it,I know someone else will have this problem without ND

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven