DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic 3 or Classic have Way Points or other issues?

Rogerc

Reactions
Currently have MP2 and like it but thinking of getting either the Classic or the Mavic 3 reburbished unit.
Need to know does the Mavic 3 do waypoints?
Is it using DJI Fly or GO 4 for the app? I really don't like the DJI Fly app, dumbed down way too much.
Are most of the other issues from the launch sorted out?
How often do you use the telephoto on the Mavic 3?
TIA

Get a refurbished Mavic 3 on eBay from DJI for $1569 and get the 7x telephoto for free, and get used to the Fly app without Waypoints, or stick with your M2P on GO 4 or DJI GO. QED.

Need to know does the Mavic 3 do waypoints?
No
Is it using DJI Fly or GO 4 for the app?
DJI Fly
Are most of the other issues from the launch sorted out?
All sorted out 7 months ago
How often do you use the telephoto on the Mavic 3?
I use it a little on most flights, but different users, shooting different subjects in different environments are going to have their own ideas about what's useful for them.

People are pushing for Dji to release the SDK so tha we can get 3rd arty waypoints from the likes of Litchi, Hopefully Dji does this but like mentioned above, No waypoints for this drone at the moment and Dji have mentioned that there is no plan to support the SDK in the future.

People are pushing for Dji to release the SDK so tha we can get 3rd arty waypoints from the likes of Litchi, Hopefully Dji does this but like mentioned above, No waypoints for this drone at the moment and Dji have mentioned that there is no plan to support the SDK in the future.
Other than a few uninformed email replies from unreliable DJI support personnel, is there anything official from DJI to indicate that the SDK isn't still just a work in progress? Several other DJI drone SDK's took more than a year to be released, and the Mavic 3 has still been evolving, especially with the latest .0900 release, adding yet new features, while also imposing RID in the U.S.. Perhaps they were waiting for RID?

I couldn’t find anything there stating no intention to provide future Mavic 3 SDK support. It is obviously not listed as being supported presently. Did I miss something more explicit on the site? Current support for the Mavic 3 Enterprise line might be a clue, or might just be indicative DJI prioritizing the Mavic 3 Enterprise SDK first, planning to release the Mavic 3 SDK later.

I couldn’t find anything there stating no intention to provide future Mavic 3 SDK support. It is obviously not listed as being supported presently. Did I miss something more explicit on the site? Current support for the Mavic 3 Enterprise line might be a clue, or might just be indicative DJI prioritizing the Mavic 3 Enterprise SDK first, planning to release the Mavic 3 SDK later.
Exactly. For SDK, the enterprise drones are a priority.
Nowhere does it say whether there will be an SDK for consumer drones.

Other than a few uninformed email replies from unreliable DJI support personnel, is there anything official from DJI to indicate that the SDK isn't still just a work in progress? Several other DJI drone SDK's took more than a year to be released, and the Mavic 3 has still been evolving, especially with the latest .0900 release, adding yet new features, while also imposing RID in the U.S.. Perhaps they were waiting for RID?
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.13.20 AM.png

Thanks for highlighting the relevant section post. It does appear bleak for the Mavic 3 based upon "no plan to support it currently," although I suspect the vast majority of the Mavic 3 Cine purchasers would argue that $5,000 is not a Consumer Level Aircraft, along with all the Mavic 3 purchasers, who spent over $3500, after buying the RC Pro separately!

Mavic 3 is certainly at least in the Prosumer category, if not a Professional aircraft. Lumping it in with the Mini 3 Pro and the Avata as a "consumer level aircraft" does all the Mavic 3’s a gross disservice!

What do we know about who "William Wong" is, and whether he knows what he is talking about, and his access to what DJI is actually planning to support going forward? Lots of company FAQ's are full of misinformation!

As of today, the Mavic 3 line DOES have waypoints! Turn on youe controller and drone, check for updates. Update Fly/controller first, then drone. You will have waypoints and off-line maps.
...and RID broadcasting, 10 months before it is required by the FAA in the U.S.! DJI always saves the best stuff for after having first swallowed the RID poison pill!

Good stuff, at a great risk to all drone pilots. CCW permits should now also be mandatory for all drone pilots, to ensure their safety from officious intermeddlers and all drone haters!

What is the new FW version number now, on the Mavic 3, that follows .0900?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock