DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don’t have a computer, I want a two man band

techandfitness

Reactions
So after having my MP for a week now iv settled into shooting with it and handling it in the air fairly graceful. I don’t have a computer or want one. Up until now I have been happy viewing and sharing the cached photos/videos from within the DJI app. Now it is dawning on me that I spent a grand and will not be utilizing this bad boy if I continue down the road I’m going. I ordered a cheapo SD card reader that required its own app, no good. I am looking for seem less integration right into my library on my iPhone. A YouTube guy had the solution! The official Apple adapter lets you import right into your library, excellent! I am wondering if there are any other hobbyists that enjoy the game without a computer and if so, is your system similar? Does the DJI app cache just serve you as a failsafe shall something happen? Or do they automatically “download” if you import off the SD card. I may be over complicating this, I’m just trying to work the kinks out and not make life harder on myself. Ciao

So after having my MP for a week now iv settled into shooting with it and handling it in the air fairly graceful. I don’t have a computer or want one. Up until now I have been happy viewing and sharing the cached photos/videos from within the DJI app. Now it is dawning on me that I spent a grand and will not be utilizing this bad boy if I continue down the road I’m going. I ordered a cheapo SD card reader that required its own app, no good. I am looking for seem less integration right into my library on my iPhone. A YouTube guy had the solution! The official Apple adapter lets you import right into your library, excellent! I am wondering if there are any other hobbyists that enjoy the game without a computer and if so, is your system similar? Does the DJI app cache just serve you as a failsafe shall something happen? Or do they automatically “download” if you import off the SD card. I may be over complicating this, I’m just trying to work the kinks out and not make life harder on myself. Ciao
Careful the cache can fill and overwrite, so I do not depend on it for anything. If you are sure that you will have WiFi(usually), you might find some of these useful:(Features – Google Chromebooks)

Reactions: techandfitness
Careful the cache can fill and overwrite, so I do not depend on it for anything. If you are sure that you will have WiFi(usually), you might find some of these useful:(Features – Google Chromebooks)

Fair enough, I feel I’m just wanting to utilize the native app to do everything but accept its support isn’t there yet. I think I’ll use the apps cache just to review the shoot and if I want to throw something out there real quick. I do like how the “create” feature puts something decent together with minimal work, too bad we can’t import HD right into the app. I will just learn iMovie better, import into my library all the clips, and then delete off as I see fit.

The quality from the onboard video cache is like looking through a coke bottle at the video footage when compared to 4 K or even 1080p. Why by a Mavic with a 4 K camera and then look at the captured footage in a terrible resolution and color depth? A computer will allow you to expand your video capture, editing, and color grading abilities.

The quality from the onboard video cache is like looking through a coke bottle at the video footage when compared to 4 K or even 1080p. Why by a Mavic with a 4 K camera and then look at the captured footage in a terrible resolution and color depth? A computer will allow you to expand your video capture, editing, and color grading abilities.

I completely agree, are you saying with my proposed way of editing/viewing 4K on the iOS device will not truly be 4K?

Didn't think the iPhone supported the 4k videos I'm sure I read that you can play them on an ipad though
I'm not an apple person so only going by what others have said

Didn't think the iPhone supported the 4k videos I'm sure I read that you can play them on an ipad though
I'm not an apple person so only going by what others have said

The iPhone 8 Plus is supposed to have more processing power then MacBooks. It puts down some very impressive benchmark numbers. It is still a mobile device, I’ll do some digging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez