DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Download "CACHE" (not SD card) from DJI Fly app to Iphone camera roll. What a I missing?

pjw188

Reactions
When I go into the DJI Fly app, I can see in "albums" my cached vids and pics. I want to download them to the camera roll on the iphone so I can upload them to google photos.

I can select the vid or pic, but the download button doesn't work. It "appears" to be greyed out. Or just inactive.

Please note I DO NOT want the full 4k version from the drone's SD card. I want the cached version in the dji Fly app.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Can you hook the iPhone to a computer via the cable, use it as a drive, go into the directory structure to put the files where you want? I ask because I can do it with my Samsung S9.

This video may help
I prefer just taking out the SD Card and putting it into an adapter and into the computer...putting it on your phone uses a lot of space on it

Can you hook the iPhone to a computer via the cable, use it as a drive, go into the directory structure to put the files where you want? I ask because I can do it with my Samsung S9.
Prop, Thanks for the reply. I tried this with my iPhone. No dice. I ended up downloading a program called iexplore. It is feature rich. I only used the "file interrogation" part in demo mode. It let me find and extract the video from the dji fly app on the phone.

It did what I wanted, but frankly it shouldn't be this difficult.

This video may help
I prefer just taking out the SD Card and putting it into an adapter and into the computer...putting it on your phone uses a lot of space on it
Mark, Thanks for the reply. I think I knew about this method, but my understanding is that this downloads the videos in full 4K resolution. I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want the file sizes associated with 4K on my phone or computer unless it's a video that I REALLY want the 4k quality on.

The cached vids are 1080p from what I understand.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Very interesting observation. On my iPhone, I was not able to move a cached video from my application to the Photos App but I could click on the Share icon, then the three dots and was given the option of Air Dropping the video to my iMac or anybody else's iPhone! I downloaded a video to the Photo's application on my wife's phone.

When I go into the DJI Fly app, I can see in "albums" my cached vids and pics. I want to download them to the camera roll on the iphone so I can upload them to google photos.

I can select the vid or pic, but the download button doesn't work. It "appears" to be greyed out. Or just inactive.

Please note I DO NOT want the full 4k version from the drone's SD card. I want the cached version in the dji Fly app.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Admittedly I m using the Go 4 (I have Mavic Air), I access the album, select video/pic , press download button and works fine.

Very interesting observation. On my iPhone, I was not able to move a cached video from my application to the Photos App but I could click on the Share icon, then the three dots and was given the option of Air Dropping the video to my iMac or anybody else's iPhone! I downloaded a video to the Photo's application on my wife's phone.
WSteele, I would do this if I had a Mac. I have win 10. I can only get a pic or vid to google photos from the camera roll on my iphone, or from my windows 10 computer.

Admittedly I m using the Go 4 (I have Mavic Air), I access the album, select video/pic , press download button and works fine.
4006448, Are you using an iphone or an android? This seems to work on an andriod but not IOS?

I went back and looked again. After selecting share and three dots it gave me the option to mail a video via iCloud.com to any email address. I assume you could then open this up with a Windows 10 mail application.

I went back and looked again. After selecting share and three dots it gave me the option to mail a video via iCloud.com to any email address. I assume you could then open this up with a Windows 10 mail application.
Wsteele, Thanks for researching this for me. I do appreciate it. I don't use icloud for anything except iphone backup. But also, my gmail size limit is 50 mb per email. This one 5 minute vid at 1080p is 500MB so that wouldn't work anyway.

I am beginning to wonder if it is just not possible to do this with IOS. When researching my purchase, I found tons of videos on the Mini2. I watched probably over a hundred. I could swear I saw in more than one a means of copying the 1080p vids from the app directly to the camera roll. I'll have to start searching. Maybe even call DJI.

Thanks again.

In the DJI fly app, go to "Album", then under the "DJIFly" at top, select your desired video. At the top right is the share icon, select that, then the "..." at the right on the next screen. This brings up the options for where to share it. If you select "Save video" it will drop a copy of it in your photos app library. This is all in the IOS version of DJI fly v1.4.8

In the DJI fly app, go to "Album", then under the "DJIFly" at top, select your desired video. At the top right is the share icon, select that, then the "..." at the right on the next screen. This brings up the options for where to share it. If you select "Save video" it will drop a copy of it in your photos app library. This is all in the IOS version of DJI fly v1.4.8
Brew, On my iPhone 11 Pro max there is no "save video" where you suggested, nor anywhere in the app.

I also have a 11 pro max, with updated software. Do you get this screen, and are you able to select the "..." on the right?

share.jpg

If so, then the next screen to pop-up on mine is the normal share options, where you can "Save video" to your camera roll, as below screen.

share2.jpg

If the option is not there, then maybe down below on that screen you can "edit" and then select the "save video" option.

Other than that, maybe the video is too large to save on your phone if you do not have enough free space?

DING DING DING.... We have a winner !!!! Thank you Brew99. I was scrolling the wrong direction and getting 3 dots and then there was no option If I scrolled down on the FIRST screen, I saw the "save video" option.
Thanks to all for the assistance.

screen11.jpg

Reactions: brew99

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin