DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Back to the map issue. when i download the files mentioned (on page 23 of this thread) they save as a zip and not apk. BT-300 can't seem to open the file. Any ideas or am I doing this wrong

Back to the map issue. when i download the files mentioned (on page 23 of this thread) they save as a zip and not apk. BT-300 can't seem to open the file. Any ideas or am I doing this wrong

You have to unzip the files and thenfollow the process works flawlessly

Reactions: wild rhino

Jou just need to unzip the first one from the English site (com.google.android.gsf.login v4.4.4-1215936.apk)
And then download and install the 2 APK posted by Ender on page 26. Those 3 only, no idea why 4 are being installed.

Wow first real flight wu my BT300 today this is amazing a game changer. Sadly no youtube videos or reviews can actually show you the experience but its amazing. Some people approached me and they try the glasses plus the mavic they were in owe. Still im planning to mount the cpu horizontally not reallt a fan of the cable comming from below

Wow first real flight wu my BT300 today this is amazing a game changer. Sadly no youtube videos or reviews can actually show you the experience but its amazing. Some people approached me and they try the glasses plus the mavic they were in owe. Still im planning to mount the cpu horizontally not reallt a fan of the cable comming from below

We re blessed with this kind of options indeed. I almost cannot imagine using another interface.

I asked DJI a few questions Wednesday.

Do you have any idea when the maps for the BT-300 will be working?
What does certified exactly mean for DJI?
To what extent does DJI support a certified DJI device like the Epson BT-300?
To what extent does DJI work with a 3rd party in their product that DJI has certified?

Here's my reply from them so far:
##################
Doesn't change the fact that this is still the best way to fly!

I asked DJI a few questions Wednesday.

Do you have any idea when the maps for the BT-300 will be working?
What does certified exactly mean for DJI?
To what extent does DJI support a certified DJI device like the Epson BT-300?
To what extent does DJI work with a 3rd party in their product that DJI has certified?

Here's my reply from them so far:
##################
Doesn't change the fact that this is still the best way to fly!

Next time talk to a tree. More rewarding and better feedback :).

Got a reply now and per DJI I'd say they say the Epson is not a supported or certified product.

ME:
The Epson BT-300FPV is being sold as a DJI Certified device and listed to work with the Mavic and I do own a Mavic. I'm seeing a lot of concerns about it's functionality. I just purchased one myself since it said DJI certified this. I assumed it would be listed on the supported devices list for the Mavic but I don't see it.
I had a few questions before I decide about returning this or not. Can you help me?
What can I expect in regards to the maps not working?
To what extent does DJI support the Epson BT-300FPV?
To what extent does DJI work with a 3rd party vendor when DJI certifies their device?
Thank you!

DJI:
In regard to your concern, as of this time we have not released any of that kind of gadget for our unit, and we can not assure you that it will work or guarantee the performance of your Aircraft since that is a third party device.

That is why our R&D team are trying and testing devices that will be compatible for our unit and as of this time we only have the list of devices posted in our official website that is compatible with our units.

Hope this will help and thank you for your time.
If you have any other inquiry in the future please feel free to contact us back anytime and we will be more than happy to assist you with your concern.

Me:
Per Epson, the BT-300FPV is DJI Certified. Are they mis-advertising?

DJI:
Thank you for getting back to me.

With your inquiry, I can not answer for their part but one thing we can assure you is that if we are going to release a device that is compatible with DJI Units, it will surely be posted in our official website dji.com

Please do check first our website and see if you will find the Epson, the BT-300FPV is included as we have not yet release our own goggles for our aircrafts.

DJI certification (or lack of) means virtually nothing anyways IMO.

Your opinion and what we receive sure, but the verbiage is specific enough. To a degree that it could be a class action law suit.

Reactions: stratos
In principle maybe but they will not feel presure if you just mention it :)
Your opinion and what we receive sure, but the verbiage is specific enough. To a degree that it could be a class action law suit.
In principle maybe but they will not feel presure if you just mention it :)

No I hear ya this is just finding out and sharing something interesting. I bough these for their use but particularly because they were certified since I already dealt with the hassles of DJI and my phone not being certified. They basically told me to piss off. I was going to buy an iPhone and switch providers just to use the Mavic but then I found the Epsons.
Despite this all working really well, it just raises concerns for the future, like will an update one day completely screw us all and that's the end of it? The BT-300s do tell you, you can not roll back your firmware once you upgrade....

Reactions: ciropizzutilo
So DJI Ultimate Flight does work. It mentions Google Service needing to run but overall it functions nice and honestly I like the layout better than DJI for these goggles since things are more visible.
Still, the waypoints and missions ya'll want from Litchi are there, but not sure if they work without the Google Services yet.

Reactions: SDPILOT12
DId you do the "Here Maps Mod" that installs Google Play Services ?

Ender

ok fellas my maps started working fine without the workaround. here's what i did.
1. updated the BT300s to R2.0 FW latest rlease
2. uninstalled DJIGO4
3. restarted the BT300s
4. Sideloaded DJIGO4 4.0.3 verison
its worth mentioning that the moverio store has 4.0.5 version which gave me the map of the country i am in correctly but my location was off by many miles, when i did the above steps my location on the map came accurate.
also note that in the past i had sideloaded Google play services and loged in but they never i initialize.
Also i am now able to instal / sideload and operate successfully Amazon prime video that did not work before and youtube is working via the Moverio app store 360 app.

ok fellas my maps started working fine without the workaround. here's what i did.
1. updated the BT300s to R2.0 FW latest rlease
2. uninstalled DJIGO4
3. restarted the BT300s
4. Sideloaded DJIGO4 4.0.3 verison
its worth mentioning that the moverio store has 4.0.5 version which gave me the map of the country i am in correctly but my location was off by many miles, when i did the above steps my location on the map came accurate.
also note that in the past i had sideloaded Google play services and loged in but they never i initialize.
Also i am now able to instal / sideload and operate successfully Amazon prime video that did not work before and youtube is working via the Moverio app store 360 app.
Hu? The site mentions R 1.2.0 as latest version?

Reactions: stratos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi