DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Is it the cable at the glasses end or the plug end? I must admit, having seen how the cable is attached to the glassses end, I have always thought it was probably a weak spot. I do try and treat the cable with kid gloves, neatly folding the cables back up when stowing the glasses back in the case. But your post bears out my fears about these if the cable is the culprit....?

Is it the cable at the glasses end or the plug end? I must admit, having seen how the cable is attached to the glassses end, I have always thought it was probably a weak spot. I do try and treat the cable with kid gloves, neatly folding the cables back up when stowing the glasses back in the case. But your post bears out my fears about these if the cable is the culprit....?

If i again "gently" fiddle with the plug-end my image is gone. This also happens a bit upstream 80% towards the earphone bit.
The part that goes into the glasses seems ok for now.
As said, the pixellation reaching annoying levels...anyone advice on this?

I tend to get pixelation issues when I first start the Mavic and it's close to me within 5 meters. It generally stops once I fly out 20 meters or more. I do often get pixelation issues when playing back videos on the Moverio. I do try and make sure I don't have lots of apps running in the background when I fly. There are rooted resource management apps which you can run for managing battery and memory resources more effectively, by killing unneeded background processes. Have you tried any of those to see if things improve?

I tend to get pixelation issues when I first start the Mavic and it's close to me within 5 meters. It generally stops once I fly out 20 meters or more. I do often get pixelation issues when playing back videos on the Moverio. I do try and make sure I don't have lots of apps running in the background when I fly. There are rooted resource management apps which you can run for managing battery and memory resources more effectively, by killing unneeded background processes. Have you tried any of those to see if things improve?

I never run stuff on the background. Always clean and wifi off.
I have to contact epson, dealt with them before. Their cs is worse than dji.

The pixelation is known to many Android devices since latest FW / DJI GO updates at close range.
Nothing to do with the Moverio.
The plug issue is something different, maybe the contacts are just dirty ? did you try pressured air / optical check ?

Ender

The pixelation is known to many Android devices since latest FW / DJI GO updates at close range.
Nothing to do with the Moverio.
The plug issue is something different, maybe the contacts are just dirty ? did you try pressured air / optical check ?

Ender

All clean.. i will check again tonight, play with the cable a bit. Always thought the cable exit at the glasses could become an issue but what i have is after the earphone plug somewhere.
Hate the pixellation.
DJI is playing dirty too. Making use of other systems more restrictive since googles are out.
Headtracking with glyph is also exit.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Have you tried holding down sleep button and volume down button simultaneously? Believe it works on Android devices after version 4.0

Got my Moverios today. Overall I'm quite impressed. I didn't get to fly with them because it's raining here but I put them on and fired up the DJI G04 app. The image quality is stellar. Not quite as immersive as the Goggles but still far more immersive than using an iPad mini.

My ONLY complain so far is the fixed width of the prisms. My left pupil isn't quite wide enough to line up with the prism so the image is blurry on the perimeter. It's crystal clear in the middle so it's ALMOST a non-issue but time will tell. I can close my left eye and read things in the perimeter with no issue.

Quick question if anyone knows... Rochester Optical sells a frame insert and they are asking for a prescription along with your pupillary distance. So I'm wondering if this will solve my issue if I go that route? The price is kinda ridiculous but I'd almost consider going there if I knew it would solve the issue. I'll call them tomorrow when they are open but I figured I'd go ahead and ask here just in case someone had gone this route already.

Got my Moverios today. Overall I'm quite impressed. I didn't get to fly with them because it's raining here but I put them on and fired up the DJI G04 app. The image quality is stellar. Not quite as immersive as the Goggles but still far more immersive than using an iPad mini.

My ONLY complain so far is the fixed width of the prisms. My left pupil isn't quite wide enough to line up with the prism so the image is blurry on the perimeter. It's crystal clear in the middle so it's ALMOST a non-issue but time will tell. I can close my left eye and read things in the perimeter with no issue.

Quick question if anyone knows... Rochester Optical sells a frame insert and they are asking for a prescription along with your pupillary distance. So I'm wondering if this will solve my issue if I go that route? The price is kinda ridiculous but I'd almost consider going there if I knew it would solve the issue. I'll call them tomorrow when they are open but I figured I'd go ahead and ask here just in case someone had gone this route already.
I believe they are running a 30% off sale on those inserts by using code "year1776". Hopefully will save you a few bucks. They also have a sale on the solitaire ace running. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: mikesher
I believe they are running a 30% off sale on those inserts by using code "year1776". Hopefully will save you a few bucks. They also have a sale on the solitaire ace running. Cheers.
Awesome!! Thanks for that! There was an insert in my box that provided for 10% off but this offer is even better!

I have the prescription inserts from Rochester Optical. I love them and think they are well worth the price since I use the Moverios for almost every flight. I will say they are a big improvement but not perfect. If it is in your budget I would get them, but if not I think the Moverios should still work better than a mobile device when flying during a sunny day.

More Moverio trouble during hot days: Had a " thermal shutdown" 2 days ago, luckily not during flight. Yesterday it went into "reduced screen brightness" mode during flight. System got extremely slow and laggy.

If the problem is only minimal you can also do the ADB mod reducing usable screen width. I am also in the position that i only have minimal problems and not consider to spend big $$$ on the correction glasses.

Ender

If the problem is only minimal you can also do the ADB mod reducing usable screen width. I am also in the position that i only have minimal problems and not consider to spend big $$$ on the correction glasses.

I received my Moverios today, and it had some fuzzy edges/corners for my eyes. So, I did the ADB mod (1160x720) and it worked great. I'm using my 'prescription computer glasses' with them, not readers or my normal prescription. The image is much clearer than my Glyph's, but obviously not as immersive as my DJI Goggles. No flights yet, but so far so good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead