DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error 0x800000

Slowgo

Reactions
Went to my folks today to show off my Mavic to Dad. He lives about 5 miles away from me. Set up the Mavic and get encoder error 0x800000. It says if error after restart contact DJI. 4 Restarts did not remove error. I did not re calibrate compass at all as it has never asked me to do so and all flights have been fine. I have about 25 flights so far. I have been using this SD card here. It seems to have worked fine with the 3 flights that i have used it for. Also last night i installed the Litchi app on my phone but have not used it yet. I did fly fine with a flight this morning.
So I uninstalled Litchi app and put factory SD card in. Error is gone!!!!!!!!! Was able to show off to my Dad after all but am scared about this. Whats up?

Doesnt surprise me that the SD card you put in caused problems. I bought a couple of 32gb microsd cards online. When i installed them on my phone, the phone saw that they were 32gb. After loading videos and photos on them, everything was going fine and then all of sudden I couldnt view any photos or vids. Come to find out these "32gb" cards were actually counterfeit 2gb sd cards that have rebadged to say 32gb. They even have enough software on them to make your phone or device think they are 32gb. You wont find out they have a problem until you reach that 2gb threshold (or whatever size they actually are.

I had to DL a file/program that writes and reads to each sector (takes quite awhile) and I found out that I had 2 bogus 32gb cards and a bogus 64gb card. I only buy my SD cards from a store now like Staples, Office Depot, etc

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Counterfits are everywhere. Always buy from a reputable dealer so you can return if you get one. And always chexk sd cards by copying large files onto it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

This SD card was purchased on Amazon with Amazon Prime. I do not think that it is counterfeit.

I just ran a little test with the card. I was able to put 63 Gb on the card and could have fit a little more. Its write speed was at 62 mbps so should be plenty fast correct?

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle