DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extension cable for your RC to iPad Pro

Mavic Mike Florida

Reactions
10ft charge /sync cable with lightning connector from Best Buy for 29.99.
Works great
I had to first connect with the short cable supplied with the Mavick but then disconnected it and plugged in the USB to the RC and the lightning to the IPad pro and it works great. nice to have a 10ft cord extension

Reactions: tmoerel
Well mine have worked for over a year now.

I have had many third party lightning cables as well as apple made ones. Some third party ones have worked flawlessly over years. Other ones have failed miserably, some even went up in smoke. The apple made ones though never had any problem apart from mechanical damage due to my stupidity.

So yes you might have a good one. Are you wanting to take that risk with a device controlling a $1000+ drone??

Well I personally don't need to attach a 10ft cord to my Mavic but my DJI cable already failed so...

I have had many third party lightning cables as well as apple made ones. Some third party ones have worked flawlessly over years. Other ones have failed miserably, some even went up in smoke. The apple made ones though never had any problem apart from mechanical damage due to my stupidity.

So yes you might have a good one. Are you wanting to take that risk with a device controlling a $1000+ drone??

Personally my Apple cords last a year before they break. These new 3rd party cords are sturdier in my opinion and I have no complaints with them so far. Cheaper and longer lasting and you get 3 of them. So if one fails just attach another one.

Personally my Apple cords last a year before they break. These new 3rd party cords are sturdier in my opinion and I have no complaints with them so far. Cheaper and longer lasting and you get 3 of them. So if one fails just attach another one.

The problem is usually not mechanical. A lot of the counterfeit cables use sub par electronics which can behave erratically. An iOS device might even suddenly outright reject the cable and disconnect.

These sub par electronics are also often not protecting you phone against all kinds of possible power and other problems the way they should as defined in the MFi standard.
So yes they often work...but don't start crying when they fail spectacularly when least expected.

Show a photo of your setup and how you mount/use the iPad please.

I just use the fold over cover and let it be a stand alone. I find this the easiest way to let 4-5 people enjoy the flight live like I do. pros and cons. Still use a sim less phone to fly on my own when I want.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky