Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faa notam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Member

Reactions
Anybody else get this?

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has established airspace restrictions over 133 military facilities to address national security concerns about unauthorized drone operations. The specific restricted locations are detailed in a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) – UAS NOTAM FDC 7/7137, and may be viewed online via an interactive map here.

The Agency is using its existing authority under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) § 99.7 – Special Security Instructions – to establish these restrictions. The relief provided under § 99.7 is limited to requests from the Department of Defense and U.S. federal security and intelligence agencies based on national security interests.

U.S. military facilities are considered “sensitive” as they are vital to the nation’s security. The FAA and the Department of Defense have agreed to restrict drone flights up to 400 feet within the facility’s lateral boundaries. There are only a few exceptions that permit drone flights within these restrictions, and they must be coordinated with the individual facility and/or the FAA. The restrictions are effective on April 14, 2017.

Operators who violate the airspace restrictions may be subject to enforcement action, including potential civil penalties and criminal charges.

For more information about these restrictions, including frequently asked questions, please visit the FAA’s UAS website.

seems logical to me that they would eventually regulate the military bases this way i am surprised it was not done sooner, funny thing is at 400 feet high and 400 feet from the boundary that still gives you some leeway. personally i would keep well away from any military base if i could.

seems logical to me that they would eventually regulate the military bases this way i am surprised it was not done sooner, funny thing is at 400 feet high and 400 feet from the boundary that still gives you some leeway. personally i would keep well away from any military base if i could.

I agree. I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner.

Reactions: kellyds
Sorry Thunder but this has already been post so to keep
Us all on the same thread let's just post in this one.
New Airspace Restrictions
IMG_8138.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032