DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware upgrade questions

BerndM

Reactions
I just got done with the huge 150mb upgrade to my system. I started off with all 3 of my devices, Mavic, controller and Galaxy S7 fully charged to 100%.Thumbswayup
By the time it was over, the Galaxy S7 was still at 100%, the Mavic was at 80% and the controller was way down to 60%.:eek:
Is this normal??? Seems very excessive to me.
Also, I have seen video of people updating the Mavic wirelessly. I had all 3 devices plugged in with the cables. Does it make any difference?
Bernd

Wow. My update lasted 20ish minutes with the controller hooked to DJI Assistant, controller battery charging from 57% and Mavic battery starting at 100%.

By the end of my update, the controller had 74% battery and the Mavic had 90%.

That's waaaay different from yours.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Yes, normal.

Uh plugged to what?

The Galaxy S7 was plugged into the controller with the DJI supplied short cable to the side port of the controller. The Mavic's micro USBport was plugged into the controller's standard sized USB connector at the bottom of the controller.

Just did mine over USB to PC using DJI Assistant 2, it said the Mavic would take 5 minutes, took almost 15, battery down 20%, then did the controller which only took about 6 minutes and it was down just 10%.

The Mavic's micro USBport was plugged into the controller's standard sized USB connector at the bottom of the controller.
That does absolutely nothing. The controller and Mavic only know how to talk to each other wirelessly.
Besides, the bottom port is disabled when the side cable is plugged in anyway.

The phone was draining power from the RC, the phone was uploading a large update into the controller. The controller passed on the Mavic part of the update on wirelessly and then proceeded to install its own stuff. That's a lot work as compared to simply receiving telemetry.

sorry for the stupid question, but is this firmware update different from the last one in that I don't need to do the batteries this time?

I noticed my controller battery went down a bunch with this update too. Restarted everything but haven't flown it since.

sorry for the stupid question, but is this firmware update different from the last one in that I don't need to do the batteries this time?
Batteries are updated too. If you pop in a different battery after updating, you will get an inconsistent firmware error.

Batteries are updated too. If you pop in a different battery after updating, you will get an inconsistent firmware error.

See that's what I though too, so I put in the 3 other batteries, and it never got that error, or the prompt to update. Messed around w/ restarting apps, and all kinds of stuff, and could never figure out how to update them.

That is interesting Cyberpower, I have re-read every document provided DJI and can find no mention that FW updates would affect the batteries. I studied about Lithium/Polymer batteries and their safety issues and stick with the recommendations from DJI. I saw in the GO 4 APP that the day number (10) to begin discharging can be changed by the end user. Did you change that setting in your APP? That may have caused this issue.

That is interesting Cyberpower, I have re-read every document provided DJI and can find no mention that FW updates would affect the batteries. I studied about Lithium/Polymer batteries and their safety issues and stick with the recommendations from DJI. I saw in the GO 4 APP that the day number (10) to begin discharging can be changed by the end user. Did you change that setting in your APP? That may have caused this issue.
Nope.

So, have you reinstalled the update with each of your other batteries installed? Did that solve your issue? If not have you flown with the batteries in question?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998