DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

I received my Mavic today. It had 0.0300 on it. On first startup Mav asked to update firmware to .0500. Went ahead through the Go 4 app (4.0.3). All went good until 73%, then it stopped for a few minutes, AC's vents turned off, and progress bar suddenly jumped to 92%. A few minutes later App said upgrade failed, try again later. After restart I checked fw and it was still 0.0300 on both AC and RC. Turned everything off. Deleted Go 4 app. Downloaded/installed the latest version. Then I turned everything back on, and went ahead again. This time the progress didn't tell what it is exactly doing (for the first time it showed the progress bar, the percentage AND things like "System controller update"), I only saw the bar and the %. It stopped again at 73% but this time it didn't jump straight to 92 after the pause. It went through all the percentages instead until it reached 99%. Then app/RC reconnected, and there it was, firmware upgrade was successful. From 73% to 80%, that's the tricky part: it takes looong minutes from 73% to 76%, then fans turn off, at 80% fans turn on again. Then it's all good. Took about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps people having problems upgrading through the app.

Mine showed it was a new update the morning early on
my iOS mini when I flew this morning and did it when I got back. Saw it saying updating at one point towards the end on my tx then left. Havnt tested it yet but after 3 years of doing
these or other things on any of mine I saw 8 sats from this desk. I have metal roofs and tin ceilings and have never seen
any . Thought that odd.
Same here dirkclod. Showing 10 sats inside when I never had any before.

I went out for 3 full flights this afternoon on the new 0500 firmware. The first two flights were with GO 4.0.4 on Samsung S5 and worked well. I tried a semi-distance flight but it was windy and I didn't go far as I've not tested there before. It was just over 13,000' - very solid connection the whole time. It did ask me to upgrade the NFZ database which had failed at home upgrading, but I declined (no internet at the site). Sport mode hit just over 40 mph and the speed shown in mph in the app was finally correct.

Then I tried a flight with Litchi 3.10.5 on a Nexus 5x which worked great. I was comparing Legacy Pano mode with the new mode - they both work ok but the new one takes forever - 25% of the battery for 26 shots. New mode 6:36, legacy mode 2:08. Orbit worked fine.

Anyway everything worked that I tried. The new version looks fine.

Here's the signal strength and distance every 30 seconds as I flew up a mountain.

View attachment 7553
Hi Nathan,
Thank u for this great feedback.
is the green column on the right attenuation in db?
13.000ft is around 4Km, why u said "semi-distance"?

Hi Nathan,
Thank u for this great feedback.
is the green column on the right attenuation in db?
13.000ft is around 4Km, why u said "semi-distance"?

I posted the signal strength data from Healthydrones.com - their description says:
Signal Strength Map - green is good signal, orange is fair, red is poor and purple is very poor. It calculates signal strength based on the connection to the remote - it searches for signal loss based on minor signal interruptions.

I didn't really consider this a distance flight as I've flown the stock Mavic over 20k' out before - just one time to test and see if it really is solid (and it was). But that was before the latest round of FW updates. Still this looks promising. In normal use I never go that far, VLOS is no more than 3000-3500' for me, in perfect conditions.

Reactions: Mr Spock
My gimbal still fails to calibrate at 77% and doesn't stay level at all when rotating. Will see if the 4.0.5 App update changes anything. Looks like I'm going to have to send it back (again).

Just did FW update, gimbal calibration still stalls at 77% than times out. Let me know how you make out. I attempted several time but it just timed out.

My gimbal still fails to calibrate at 77% and doesn't stay level at all when rotating. Will see if the 4.0.5 App update changes anything. Looks like I'm going to have to send it back (again).

Did my FW update to 500 still fails gimbal recal at 77%

I just did the upgrade - it was 151MB but only took 14 minutes to apply, faster than last time. I did it in the app and it upgraded both app and RC like last time. After the upgrade it asked to update the NFZ database. I said ok, but the download never started. Oh well I can sure live without that.

Will check all settings and try some flights this afternoon.
NFZ map started got half way and just stopped I left it sit for 15 mins then shut it down . LOL

Got another update on the app about half an hour ago. Two updates in about 36hours, should be running the latest and greatest FW now. Anyone else? Also what were the additional changes on top of the previous changes made a few hours ago? Cheers!

Hi all, I have had problems updating via the Assistant, though saying there update was successful I had to go through the whole process when connecting to the RC and starting go 4 (Android) . So I ran the upgrade by the app, after about 15 minutes everything is fine now. Did anyone make the same experience?
Best, Randolph

Anybody is having an issue with the initial sound?? my mavic sounds twice..

To me after updating the initial sound twice, I turned it off and restarted several times, I think it's normal at this point, it happens to you??

After upgrading to Firmware v01.03.0500 and DJI GO app to 4.0.5 (iOS), I did an IMU calibration, a gimbal calibration,
a compass calibration and then a short test flight. Everything went well.

Next, I downloaded the .DAT file from that flight in DJI Assistant and then loaded it into CsvView, (thanks BudWalker),
hoping to compare the compass results of MagZ Front and MagZ Back during a short stint in Sport Mode.
I had checked this before with the previous Mavic Firmware version.

However, this time while the flight contained appropriate data from most all of the parameters,
data from the MagX, Y and Z both Front and Back parameters were completely empty, just "0" the entire flight.
While the combined compass Mag X, Y and Z parameters did have substantial data,
there was nothing shown for the individual Front and Back Mag X, Y and Z parameters.

Is this just a flight anomaly, my DAT loading error or is there an issue with a change in the new firmware?

My range seems better on the new firmware. Just flew 16,882.2 ft out in an urban environment. That's over 3.2 miles and I'm all stock. Kept it at 400ft altitude.

Very interesting. I'll give it a try this weekend. Any other range reports are appreciated.

My video and RC link were excellent on .400, upgraded to .500 and compared signal maps on healthydrones and still excellent, no change. I did notice that my GPS sat count was better on my 2 flights on .500 compared to 2 earlier flight on .400.

I noticed some others report picking up more Sats on .500, even indoors, so for people worried or that may have gone into Atti mode, this firmware might help.

Updated via App with no issues.

Good luck!

That's interesting about the satellites. But the number visible at a given location varies over time. You can use a site like UAV Forecast to check.

Some people said that going from 0200 or 0300 to 0400 was causing worse range. But the evidence was anecdotal I think.

Yes I know, just reporting what I saw, combined with some others reporting better sat pickup it's worth mentioning.

Very interesting. I'll give it a try this weekend. Any other range reports are appreciated.

For whatever reason, my range is much better. I just tested at another location. Very good. I'm able to fly lower and keep my connection. I ordered fpvlr antennas recently. Hardly need them now.

Reactions: Nathan Hoover
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman