DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

Thanks BudWalker, I have not had a problem with Compass error messages in Sport Mode up to this point.
I really don't wish to open the Mavic up unnecessarily. Probably best to leave things alone until I notice a problem.

You are right on your other question, I did use Copy to System Clipboard for my graph,
however when I first tried to paste it directly into the web browser reply page,
it wouldn't work, nothing would appear. So instead I was able to paste into TexEdit,
(a simple text editor for the Mac) and then "print" a pdf file.
But I do remember pasting a graph into a reply using the ctrl-V method you describe in an earlier version.

Did anyone else see the note that .0500 breaks autopilot functions?

If you have the android version 7(Nougat) installed, then don't bother attempting too install the GO4 app as it wont work. Several of us have had to root our device and then rollback to android 6 (Marshmallow).

I'm on 6 and it still won't update. My existing version of GO4 is working just fine, but I want the auto focus disable button that the newer version has.

Thanks BudWalker, I have not had a problem with Compass error messages in Sport Mode up to this point.
I really don't wish to open the Mavic up unnecessarily. Probably best to leave things alone until I notice a problem.

You are right on your other question, I did use Copy to System Clipboard for my graph,
however when I first tried to paste it directly into the web browser reply page,
it wouldn't work, nothing would appear. So instead I was able to paste into TexEdit,
(a simple text editor for the Mac) and then "print" a pdf file.
But I do remember pasting a graph into a reply using the ctrl-V method you describe in an earlier version.
The fact that it will paste into TexEdit means that the copy operation works. It's just that the paste operation doesn't want to work when you try to paste into a post. Is that right?

Not sure if this is where it should be posted. it does have to do with update/ firmware. the (REAR LED) on the back of the craft. I believe DJI go LED was green in flight, DJI go 4 .0 .? Green at start up green at Hover as soon as a touch the controls yellow, in midflight Hover back to green. Now version 4.0.4 firmware? Green that start up/auto takeoff then yellow without touching anything however yellow during flight and midflight Hover. Halving problems trusting this indicator. Could anyone else confirm. I noticed with the new 4.0.4 Firmware v01.03.0500 the craft in flight altitude in P mode not as solid. during flight would drop and raise at least 2-5 feet in altitude, this is understandable, (But not indicated at the controls hmmm?)

I manually raise and lower altitude this show at the controllers having a little problem trusting overwater with the new updates at this point. I did call DJI about the rear LED, the response was if there is no errors at the controller nothing to worry about. I could be wrong about the version numbers but I am talking about the last 3 updates

I'm on 6 and it still won't update. My existing version of GO4 is working just fine, but I want the auto focus disable button that the newer version has.

I believe the update needs a satellite signal take the craft outside then try doing the update let me know if this helps

What app and aircraft firmware versions are you in need of?

Not sure if this is where it should be posted. it does have to do with update/ firmware. the (REAR LED) on the back of the craft. I believe DJI go LED was green in flight, DJI go 4 .0 .? Green at start up green at Hover as soon as a touch the controls yellow, in midflight Hover back to green. Now version 4.0.4 firmware? Green that start up/auto takeoff then yellow without touching anything however yellow during flight and midflight Hover. Halving problems trusting this indicator. Could anyone else confirm. I noticed with the new 4.0.4 Firmware v01.03.0500 the craft in flight altitude in P mode not as solid. during flight would drop and raise at least 2-5 feet in altitude, this is understandable, (But not indicated at the controls hmmm?)

I manually raise and lower altitude this show at the controllers having a little problem trusting overwater with the new updates at this point. I did call DJI about the rear LED, the response was if there is no errors at the controller nothing to worry about. I could be wrong about the version numbers but I am talking about the last 3 updates

I would like to add when you are in low altitude to watch the measurement under the VPS is correct measurement
but throughout the different versions the LED indicator has changed in my application

I installed it Friday and my gimbal kept hitting itself during startup and 2got the gimbal motor overheating warning. Not sure if related but never crashed it and was working just fine up to that point. Now my baby is off to be repaired. I miss her already :)

Hi, since updating to DJI GO 4.0.5 I've been encountering intermittent Ultrasonic board errors has anyone else had this problem?

What exactly was updated relating to "no fly zone management" ?? Really don't want to be grounded because of more strict controls on my bird[emoji51][emoji51]

Reactions: AKent
Question... Anyone noted that the active track now no longer has Profile and SPotlight functions in the new version?

Have anyone try this new version?
Downloaded this version on Saturday (Mar 4) and since then no connection between DJI GO App and RC. Seems like both USB ports have been disabled through the firmware upgrade process. RC connects to aircraft OK but iphone 7 plus screen (DJI Go 4 app) shows disconnected. Tried different mobile device and cables but no joy. Waiting on DJI for resolution! Proceed with caution!!

Same here dirkclod. Showing 10 sats inside when I never had any before.

I had the same experience. Immediately before update I had compass calibration error and mag interference. Upon rebooting after update complete I have GOS positioning with 13 satellites inside a room where I have always had mag interference and have never gotten gps. Not sure if the update is letting the craft give a false diagnostic or if craft if just functioning better. Do any experts on here know if those issues (no gps signal and mag interference) could be resolved with just a firmware update?

Since the update I now get GPS signal in apartment. I have never had that before. I also don't get mag inference in apartment which I usually had previously. Also mavic is MUCH more stable. The craft had begun to drift left always with input from the start sticks over the last couple weeks. The only downgrade in performance is that the altitude seems to vary more wildly +/- up to 5 feet without input from sticks.

The app also asks if I would like to allow the mavic to ascend 20 meters from upon take off so that it can take a picture for more precise landing. Is it possible that gps signal and compass performance can improve that drastically solely from firmware update?

Reactions: Mr Spock
It's 20ft = 6meters.

I'm anxiously waiting for the next weekend to give the bird a fly.

Concerning the magnetic interference, my iMac still interferes with it (inside of course).

Hi, since updating to DJI GO 4.0.5 I've been encountering intermittent Ultrasonic board errors has anyone else had this problem?
Yes I get the same errors as do some others as reported in another thread. It does it constanly when I power up on carpet but dissapears when powered on anything solid or semi reflective (eg table top) so maybe the ultrasonic test is to listen for sound clicks which it doesnt get when on carpet, or even grass maybe..? I'm not sure yet so will keep investigating. I do know a number of folk have returned theirs for this issue and have had replacements so DJI must accept it is a genuine fault??

Reactions: Sparky1963
The fact that it will paste into TexEdit means that the copy operation works. It's just that the paste operation doesn't want to work when you try to paste into a post. Is that right?

BudWalker- Yes, this is correct.

I'm a Litchi tester and i received today the following email.
(Be carefull with the last update because perhaps litchi is not the only one to be affected)

"
Dear Litchi Pilots,
There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
The Litchi Team
"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev