DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Bird

Reactions: Thomas B
Care refresh is not transferable to a different model if you are thinking about upgrading.

After looking at hundred's of listings, YouTube videos, forum posts etc., I still have not figured out what to get for my first drone. I have been looking at used Pro's and Platinum's. The theory I hear is to buy something less expensive and upgrade down the road. Really would rather spend a little more up front and learn slowly and carefully than to have to go through buying something less and having to resell at a loss than to buy something more expensive that I can use for much longer. Is the Pro practical to learn on?
I've got an Eachine H8 (costs peanuts and is great fun)I use to sharpen my flying skills as it has to be constantly 'flown'. DJI drones fly themselves, let go of the sticks and they hover. One important trick is to always come in to land 'backwards' as if the drone is facing you the sticks are 'reversed' if you get my drift.. The danger period is when you become complacent after between 10 and 30 hours..

My first drone was the Mavic pro when they first released those. Buy what you want but when you do take your time and learn it no different than any other drone. Too many people out there like to think they can just charge the batteries and the RC and takeoff. Since then I have purchased the inspire and I now have the new Mavic 2 zoom. I have never had one crash or any mishaps in over four years. These drones pretty much fly themselves. If you use common sense and get to know that drone you should never have a problem.
Well said Chip! I got a mini and have over 100 miles without incident, mostly due to the wisdom shared on this forum. Learn from the mistakes of others. If you’re cautious and take it slow until you build up your skills, I see no reason not to start with a nicer drone. “Buy once, cry once”. My personal preference is to avoid old technology but I do like the idea of going to a meeting as mentioned above.

I've got an Eachine H8 (costs peanuts and is great fun)I use to sharpen my flying skills as it has to be constantly 'flown'. DJI drones fly themselves, let go of the sticks and they hover. One important trick is to always come in to land 'backwards' as if the drone is facing you the sticks are 'reversed' if you get my drift.. The danger period is when you become complacent after between 10 and 30 hours..

Yes +1 best to be "tail-in".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki