DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Day flying with my CrystalSky 5.5, Update FW or Hold?

MPDronePilot1

Reactions
Yesterday was the first day flying my MP with the CrystalSky 5.5 . I also have the DJI Mavic/Spark CrystalSky RC adapter which makes it a breeze to transport and it literally takes seconds to setup. So far no complaints with brightness and useability, all is great. I was using an iPad mini 4 prior to the CS with the MP and have been using the iOS platform with DJI since the old days of the DJI Wookong, NAZA V2 and ground station.

I do realize that some of the Quick shot functions and Panorama features (to name a few) are not available to me that are on the iOS platform running Firmware 02.04.02.00 on the CrystalSky. I do like these features and it is one of the reasons I purchased the Mavic Pro, I should add. I also like the ability’s to download offline maps, so it’s a toss up.

I have seen some issues for some users after updating to the current version of FW on the CrystalSky. So I wanted to see what other users opinions are on this subject.

Do I stay at the FW version that I am currently on 02.04.02.00, or do I pull the trigger and update to version 02.04.06.00 that I am being prompted for now?

Fly Safe and Thanks in advance

Its my understanding that one can load other Android apps on the Crystal Sky with the latest firmware. So that would allow one to add apps like Lichti that offer panorama and waypoint missions that can be planned online before ever venturing to the site that one will be flying. I use Lichti for panorama shots and its flawless.

Just another option.

Thanks for the update...my CS UB arrives tomorrow. Just in time for the snow storm o_O

Its my understanding that one can load other Android apps on the Crystal Sky with the latest firmware. So that would allow one to add apps like Lichti that offer panorama and waypoint missions that can be planned online before ever venturing to the site that one will be flying. I use Lichti for panorama shots and its flawless.

Just another option.
Are you currently running 02.04.06.00 on a CS and do you use the GO 4 app at all?
And do you have any issues?
Or are you primarily using Lichti on CS?

Yesterday was the first day flying my MP with the CrystalSky 5.5 . I also have the DJI Mavic/Spark CrystalSky RC adapter which makes it a breeze to transport and it literally takes seconds to setup. So far no complaints with brightness and useability, all is great. I was using an iPad mini 4 prior to the CS with the MP and have been using the iOS platform with DJI since the old days of the DJI Wookong, NAZA V2 and ground station.

I do realize that some of the Quick shot functions and Panorama features (to name a few) are not available to me that are on the iOS platform running Firmware 02.04.02.00 on the CrystalSky. I do like these features and it is one of the reasons I purchased the Mavic Pro, I should add. I also like the ability’s to download offline maps, so it’s a toss up.

I have seen some issues for some users after updating to the current version of FW on the CrystalSky. So I wanted to see what other users opinions are on this subject.

Do I stay at the FW version that I am currently on 02.04.02.00, or do I pull the trigger and update to version 02.04.06.00 that I am being prompted for now?

Fly Safe and Thanks in advance

I have a CS 5.5 and have updated, I have flown 20 times since the update and have not had any issues at all so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting