DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New CrystalSky Firmware released (November 9, 2017)

Keule

CTO at SDS
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
skydrone-systems.com
FYI:

Overview
  • Date:2017.11.09
  • CrystalSky Firmware: V02.04.02.00
  • DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.18
  • DJI GO 4 App: V 4.1.14
  • DJI Pilot Beta: V 0.3.6

What’s New
  • Added Data Transmission on the Quick Settings page to support downloading photos and videos from CrystalSky to your mobile device (DJI GO 4 version should be 4.1.14 or above).
  • Added Display Optimization on the Quick Settings page making the camera view display smoother.
  • Added three HDMI output modes on the Quick Settings page, including camera view, picture in picture, and copy screen.
  • Added daily Data Usage statistics on the Quick Settings page.
  • Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.
  • Added Color Waveform in the camera toolbox for users to analyze color distribution (Inspire 2 only).
  • Added support for DJI ZENMUSE X7.
  • Added support for DJI Cendence.
  • Fixed issue where system configuration resets to default values when the screen is rotated 180 degrees.
  • Optimized compass calibration program.
  • Updated DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.14.
  • Updated DJI GO app to 3.1.18.
  • Up to 20 third-party applications are supported and can be removed from System Settings -> Apps. DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security applications and does not provide any technical support for third-party application compatibility issues. Please note that CrystalSky does not support third-party apps well. If you experience any problems with a third-party app, remove it or reset to default settings.

Reactions: six4bravo
What service can be used to install these "Up to 20 third-party applications"?
Playstore?

Playstore?
It'll let you install Google Playstore.
But it crashes short after starting the app.

Need more details 'under the hood' on what's the issue with it ...

It'll let you install Google Playstore.
But it crashes short after starting the app.

Need more details 'under the hood' on what's the issue with it ...

Keule would you be interested in trying to install Drone Harmony and see if it works? If google app store does not work, we could share with you a direct link to the installation file.

If we see that DH will somewhat run (+/- stable) with this new crystal sky firmware, we will order ourselves and properly support it in the future.

Reactions: Red Tailed Hawk1
trying to install Drone Harmony and see if it works?
Thanks for the offer.
I'll do my best to test your app.
I have a dedicated CS for such tests available. Let's roll ...

Reactions: cvanhoose
Thanks for the offer.
I'll do my best to test your app.
I have a dedicated CS for such tests available. Let's roll ...

Keule, would you be willing to share (or point me to) the documentation for how to add third party apps, or see a list of what those are, et cetera? I've updated my CS550 to:
[email protected] release-keys
[email protected]
security patch@2015-12-01

I do not see anything when I click on the Apps button. Settings / Apps shows a list of a few apps in which I have no interest (Bubbles, Black Hole, Cellular Data (!!!!!), Google PDF Viewer, et cetera, but no information how to launch/use those. Also, I see these apps can be disabled, but don't find a way to "remove" them as alluded to in the release notes.

Any extra information you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dennis

Is this CS update still compatible with older Mavic firmware levels. I want to keep my bird on .700 and am not sure if the updated go4 app on the CS would still work.

So far as i found out it is easy to install 3rd party apps:
If you have a direct download link to the .apk file, download the file. It'll be stored in the "Download" folder on your CS.
Clicking on the .apk will install the app.
The installed app will show up in 'Apps'. Touch it, an it'll start.

So far, so good. - Now here it comes... If the app somehow needs other 'underlying' libraries such as Google services, the app will not start/execute.
Currently i am looking 'under the hood' about these requirements.

As far as i can see now, you can not install paid apps such as Litchi, because DJI did not supply a 'store' such as Google Appstore which handles the payment procedures.
It seems that this CS firmware is just the first step in allowing 3rd party apps. Further development needed by DJI.

If you have a direct download link to the .apk file, download the file. It'll be stored in the "Download" folder on your CS.

So far, so good. - Now here it comes... If the app somehow needs other 'underlying' libraries such as Google services, the app will not start/execute.

As far as i can see now, you can not install paid apps such as Litchi, because DJI did not supply a 'store' such as Google Appstore which handles the payment procedures.
It seems that this CS firmware is just the first step in allowing 3rd party apps. Further development needed by DJI.

Yea I looked at installing apk's and then I decided against it. I really can't think of any app I have to have on my Crystalsky other than the Dji4 app. As far as weather, conditions, etc, well now that I am using the dedicated monitor, I have my phone free to use for whatever else. Had anyone tried the "browser"? Yea not spectacular.

Is there a list with working APK's we can use for the drone hobby? And links where we can download them of course.
Dronedeploy does not work. That one i tested myself.

Peter

Is there a list with working APK's we can use for the drone hobby?
No
And links where we can download them of course.
No
Dronedeploy does not work.
Yep, confirm. that was the first i tried ;-)

Doing further testing on my CS 5.5", Airmap or UAV forecast can be installed and executed.
I detected a few bugs:
- Location services ON, both apps failed to aquire position data.
- Screen size/layout.
Airmap starts well, but after entering the location manually, the regulation and advisories tab showed up. But expanding the tabs to reveal the contents, the lines got 'stuck' below the last line on the screen.

That's it for now,
i keep testing ...

No

No

Yep, confirm. that was the first i tried ;-)

Doing further testing on my CS 5.5", Airmap or UAV forecast can be installed and executed.
I detected a few bugs:
- Location services ON, both apps failed to aquire position data.
- Screen size/layout.
Airmap starts well, but after entering the location manually, the regulation and advisories tab showed up. But expanding the tabs to reveal the contents, the lines got 'stuck' below the last line on the screen.

That's it for now,
i keep testing ...

I wonder if those problems would be fixed with the larger screen with the different aspect ratio?

I wonder if those problems would be fixed with the larger screen with the different aspect ratio?
Yes, but even if the larger CS would work, it's a half baked cake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998