DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time testing drone from moving car

Viktor

Reactions
Just a short movie. Sorry for the bad color grading, I have some problem with my color vision.
I control the Mavic from the bakseat of the car so there's no aktivtrack activated or anything like that, just me flying the drone.

Last edited:
I have done some with Autopilot here on site. Best advice I can give is 1) make sure you have enough altitude and 2) try with somebody changing the bearing angle and bearing reference. Cool results are waiting

Reactions: Viktor
I have done some with Autopilot here on site. Best advice I can give is 1) make sure you have enough altitude and 2) try with somebody changing the bearing angle and bearing reference. Cool results are waiting
Good advices are always welcome

Looks great! Where can I find instructions/guide how do set thi sup on my Mavic? is anyone controlling it from side car or autonomous?

I'd like to be able to find out where I can learn how to use the Mavic to its potential. Bought one last Saturday. There's two aspects. Piloting/Controlling and Photography/Video - when you do your city fly overs (I saw Benin 1) it struck me that you must let the Mavic fly way beyond your line of sight. How can I find out how to set up, control and photograph Mavic to safely do that when out of eyesight range? And how to get it back quick in case of problems.

I'd like to be able to find out where I can learn how to use the Mavic to its potential. Bought one last Saturday. There's two aspects. Piloting/Controlling and Photography/Video - when you do your city fly overs (I saw Benin 1) it struck me that you must let the Mavic fly way beyond your line of sight. How can I find out how to set up, control and photograph Mavic to safely do that when out of eyesight range? And how to get it back quick in case of problems.

Small steps at the time. Read this forum and learn as much as you can.
My advice... be patient and fly above the highest point (trees, masts etc)
Make sure you have a clear line of sight. Even if you are TOO far away from your drone.
Set in DJI GO4 app the max distance (or switch off) and fly.
Very important is that you switch RTH (Return to Home) on after loosing connection. So, when no more radio connection, the drone flies back to his home point. Please, set the return to home altitude higher then your surroundings. Or else it will crash by itself (or runs out of battery)

Last edited:
Reactions: EJay
I was controlling all by my self from inside the car, so no autopilot. I dont trust the autopilot :)

Autopilot as the Hangar App or your car's autopilot?
No i don't trust the aktivtrack when flying around trees and people. And I like to have the control over the Mavic so I can get the right angel when filming.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78