DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time up with the help of MavicPilots member

HOG2K

Premium Pilot
Reactions
After conversing with member BBartol about my Air 2S and when we could fly it, we both decided last Saturday to be my very 1st flight. We met at Scioto Grove Metro Park in Grove City, Ohio where they have a Drone area to fly in. I met Brandon and his wife there, they are the nicest people you'd want to meet.

Brandon checked the settings on my RC Pro to make sure the important settings were okay and then we went over the other settings.

It's now time to take flight, the RC Pro told me my RTH was set and I could see it had16 satellites.
I pulled down and in on the sticks and up the Air 2S goes, it hovered about 8 feet up, with a huge grin I pushed both the left & right sticks forward, it began to climb as it was flying away from us, I slowly moved both sticks back to the center and then moved them both to the left and watched the Air 2S make a nice wide counterclockwise circle. Watching the Air 2S move so smoothly through the air was really cool.

I can see where those Arc V lights would come in handy, I flew the Air 2S what seemed to be a couple of football fields away, it was now just a tiny speck among the crows that were flying around. The only way I could tell which direction it was facing was to look at the map. Brandon gave me a Lume Cube, he switched over to the Arc V and said he really liked those. I have yet to charge the Lume Cube, but I'm sure it will be bright enough for me, at least for a while until I get more hours of flight time.

I could go on and on about how much fun I had, and how much I also learned thanks to Brandon and his wife.

I would also like to thank MavicPilots for hosting these forums which gives everyone a place to sit, relax, and chat about their favorite hobby!! Thank you MavicPilots!!

Last edited:
Enjoy your new toy / tool. The Air 2S is probably the best drone on the market right now. DJI has it dialed in.

Reactions: PAW and HOG2K
I flew the Air 2S what seemed to be a couple of football fields away, it was now just a tiny speck among the crows that were flying around. The only way I could tell which direction it was facing was to look at the map.
This video was produced by one of our members @Ty Pilot who has been flying RC for many years. It will teach you how to determine your heading without looking at video screen. This method works for any RC aircraft.

Lovely to read of new pilots starting their flying “careers”. You are very welcome and even if you’ve been around as long as I have you never stop learning from the guys and gals on the Forum. Be safe.

Reactions: mereflyer and HOG2K