DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Video ever

Nice job on the Power Wagon Active Track!
You desert folks have it so much easier than us forest dwellers.:)
Can you add your drone model to your signature? Be nice to know what equipment and features you were using. Look forward to your next set of vids.

Reactions: Zeke
Nice job on the Power Wagon Active Track!
You desert folks have it so much easier than us forest folks.:)
Can you add your drone model to your signature? Be nice to know what equipment and features you were using. Look forward to your next set of vids.
Thanks! Although the desert gets boring quickly...

Great shooting. Here is a technical tip. You will notice that when you adjust your camera angle (gimbal) it starts and stops abruptly. These settings will give you a more “cinematic” look. They were suggested by Drone Valley on YouTube.

Setting (•••) - Control - Advanced

Pitch Speed 10 (factory 30)

Pitch Smoothness 20 (factory 5)

Allow Upward Gimbal On

Reactions: Dbez1 and Zeke
Great shooting. Here is a technical tip. You will notice that when you adjust your camera angle (gimbal) it starts and stops abruptly. These settings will give you a more “cinematic” look. They were suggested by Drone Valley on YouTube.

Setting (•••) - Control - Advanced

Pitch Speed 10 (factory 30)

Pitch Smoothness 20 (factory 5)

Allow Upward Gimbal On

Much appreciated, thank you!

Can you give me a starting point to get to the China Dam? I found it on Google Earth but no roads for miles. Just the way I like it. I can easily ride 50 or 60 miles one way to get to see it.

Can you give me a starting point to get to the China Dam? I found it on Google Earth but no roads for miles. Just the way I like it. I can easily ride 50 or 60 miles one way to get to see it.
You can just punch it in to Google Maps and it'll show you (see below).

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 59.png
    ScreenHunter 59.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 7

Nice twuck !! :)
Well setup for desert trips by the looks.
Are those water / fuel containers on the rear sides ?

Thanks! Although the desert gets boring quickly...

???? ?
No way !!
Deserts are awesome (not much to hit out there, in the sky or on the ground !!).
I guess they are my favourite 4WD location because we only get to our central Oz desert regions once a year in general.
The nearest really good stuff is about 1300km (800mi) drive to get there, and usually a round trip is a few thousand km min.

Next one in late May, can't wait to get out there, 1100 big dunes to cross, the 'wrong' way up the steeper lee windblown east sides :)
M1P is going to get a hammering, 6 batteries now, could almost fly non stop with car charge setup :D

Amazing!

Nice twuck !! :)
Well setup for desert trips by the looks.
Are those water / fuel containers on the rear sides ?

Thanks! Yes, those carry spare water/fuel just in case. We like to get away when we can, so the truck is outfitted for that purpose.

???? ?
No way !!
Deserts are awesome (not much to hit out there, in the sky or on the ground !!).
I guess they are my favourite 4WD location because we only get to our central Oz desert regions once a year in general.
The nearest really good stuff is about 1300km (800mi) drive to get there, and usually a round trip is a few thousand km min.

Next one in late May, can't wait to get out there, 1100 big dunes to cross, the 'wrong' way up the steeper lee windblown east sides :)
M1P is going to get a hammering, 6 batteries now, could almost fly non stop with car charge setup :D

Don't misunderstand me, the desert is an absolutely beautiful place - I love it! It just gets challenging after awhile to find new subjects to film and keep fresh.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Don't misunderstand me, the desert is an absolutely beautiful place - I love it!

Ha ha, yeah I know you didn't mean really boring :)
The sunsets are usually the absolute best, and camping with mates ? Yeah, wish it was more than we manage.
One year I did do 3 central Australian desert crossings, was a great year.

So what capacity are the drums and totals of each water and fuel carried ?
They look removable, which would be handy.

I have onboard water tank 60lt, and for week long desert trips usually take that full and a few 10lt water bladder casks of spring water to top off drink bottles.
Fuel, I have 186lt in 2 on board tanks, and take a couple of 20lt jerry cans, total 226lt (about 60 US gallons).
That gets me a good safety margin, as some of our trips in real off road desert dunes, making our own way via route only, we've driven whole days very slow (say avg 25km/hr or 15mph) and only covered 50 - 60 km a day for several days !!
Have to stop and clear spinifex (grass) from underneath every hour or so, usually in our 3 or 4 vehicle group we'll get 3 or 4 tyre stakings a day requiring plugs or further repair.

Love the challenge and need to adapt, and we have always managed to get everyone out ok.

Reactions: Mac Man and Zeke
The sunsets are usually the absolute best, and camping with mates ? Yeah, wish it was more than we manage.

I have onboard water tank 60lt, and for week long desert trips usually take that full and a few 10lt water bladder casks of spring water to top off drink bottles.
Fuel, I have 186lt in 2 on board tanks, and take a couple of 20lt jerry cans, total 226lt (about 60 US gallons).
That gets me a good safety margin, as some of our trips in real off road desert dunes, making our own way via route only, we've driven whole days very slow (say avg 25km/hr or 15mph) and only covered 50 - 60 km a day for several days !!
Have to stop and clear spinifex (grass) from underneath every hour or so, usually in our 3 or 4 vehicle group we'll get 3 or 4 tyre stakings a day requiring plugs or further repair.

Love the challenge and need to adapt, and we have always managed to get everyone out ok.
Yea, we never seem to get out nearly as much as we'd like to - but it's amazing when we can! The water cans hold I believe 2.6 gallons and the fuel cans about 3 gallons as I recall. The water started out as potable but I wouldn't trust it to drink, that's mainly for vehicular needs should something happen. I've only had to use the spare fuel once for some folks that went a little too far and needed a bit to get back. I've been lucky with the tires, but I carry a pretty robust plug kit along with the spare. Cactus thorns make it right through if you aren't careful!

Yea, we never seem to get out nearly as much as we'd like to - but it's amazing when we can! The water cans hold I believe 2.6 gallons and the fuel cans about 3 gallons as I recall. The water started out as potable but I wouldn't trust it to drink, that's mainly for vehicular needs should something happen. I've only had to use the spare fuel once for some folks that went a little too far and needed a bit to get back. I've been lucky with the tires, but I carry a pretty robust plug kit along with the spare. Cactus thorns make it right through if you aren't careful!

Our main stake problem is spinifex where desert fires burn the thick grass main clumps down to pointy stakes at or below ground level.
First in line usually gets most, we swap around places, and follow each others treads where possible.
A typical staking . . . (getting some air into it for a plug) . . .

IMG_4185.jpg

Stunning out in the central Oz deserts . . .

IMG_4183.jpg

Our main stake problem is spinifex where desert fires burn the thick grass main clumps down to pointy stakes at or below ground level.
First in line usually gets most, we swap around places, and follow each others treads where possible.
A typical staking . . . (getting some air into it for a plug) . . .

View attachment 93115

Stunning out in the central Oz deserts . . .

View attachment 93116
That is beautiful country, but holy crap those spikes are insane! You guys have the worst cactus thorns beat by a mile!

That is beautiful country, but holy crap those spikes are insane! You guys have the worst cactus thorns beat by a mile!

Oh gawd, I just realised that is the PLUG !
This was the stake . . .

IMG_4184.jpg

Still darn nasty.

Yeah the colours out there are amazing, looking for to a 12 day home to home desert tips in late May to this region.
The M1P is going to get a real work out.

That sounds crazy. I have never done anything like that. Living on the east coast of the States, we just don’t have that kind of wilderness. Now, with a drone you have another way to document your adventures. Looking forward to seeing a video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech