DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fishing with a Mavic

Oh my !!

Thank you so much for this information!!

(I MUST have this to play with and try!). I will post my results/impressions - and hopefully can use this on my August 2017 7-day Fishing Trip!

Again - thank you for this information - I bow deeply to you.[emoji3]

...and...Here it is! I am ordering one today!
020e34095c4ce72dde6d8fb1712ecc72.jpg

No problem . I actually stated that it ties in to the front LED light to activate but to clear that up for anyone else interested , I think it is a photocell switch that simply snaps over the front LED so no wiring involved . After you try yours out be sure to come back and give a review . If it is worth the $$ I may pick one up .

There is already someone selling a powered quick release for the Mavic Pro . I'd have to search and find it again but it clamps around the battery area and ties in to one of the front LED lights to activate from the controller .

EDIT : Here it is .
Gimbal-Guard

THIS IS A INCREDIBLY BAD MADE DEVICE, EVEN THE RUBBER BANDS ARE THE WORST QUALITY I HAVE EVER SEEN, THE LIGHT SENSOR COVER IS A CHEAPLY MADE DEVICE THAT WHEN YOU HAVE IT INDOORS IT WORKS BUT TAKE IT OUT IN HE SUNLIGHT GOOD LUCK, THE SUNLIGHT PENETRATES THE COVER AND THE LIGHT ACTIVATOR DOEST WORK AT ALL SINCE IT IS LIGHT ACTIVATED, THE MAIN CONTROL BOX IS FULL OF UNMOUNTED PARTS AND THE OTHER PARTS ARE JUST ATTACHED BY A GLUE GUN IN AWAY TO JUST MAKE THINGS STICK IT LOOKS LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD KID PUT IT TOGETHER, BAD PRODUCT FOR 170 .00 BUCKS

THIS IS A INCREDIBLY BAD MADE DEVICE, EVEN THE RUBBER BANDS ARE THE WORST QUALITY I HAVE EVER SEEN, THE LIGHT SENSOR COVER IS A CHEAPLY MADE DEVICE THAT WHEN YOU HAVE IT INDOORS IT WORKS BUT TAKE IT OUT IN HE SUNLIGHT GOOD LUCK, THE SUNLIGHT PENETRATES THE COVER AND THE LIGHT ACTIVATOR DOEST WORK AT ALL SINCE IT IS LIGHT ACTIVATED, THE MAIN CONTROL BOX IS FULL OF UNMOUNTED PARTS AND THE OTHER PARTS ARE JUST ATTACHED BY A GLUE GUN IN AWAY TO JUST MAKE THINGS STICK IT LOOKS LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD KID PUT IT TOGETHER, BAD PRODUCT FOR 170 .00 BUCKS

That is the Gimbal guard quality not the Gannet from dronefishing.com
Gannets work in any light and are a professional product.

Here is a link to just one of many happy clients
Drone Fishing

Last edited:
Get
I PURCHASED 1 AND IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK FOR 170 bucks

Get a Gannet day and night difference in quality.
It works garanteed, does not have rubber bands to strap the wires like the Gimbal Guard one.
Works withhout interfering with downward sensors so you dont need to disable them.
Its just a better product.
See drondefishing.com/store

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • J40A7302.JPG
    J40A7302.JPG
    838.8 KB · Views: 95
  • J40A7319.JPG
    J40A7319.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
I just ordered a servo, tiny relay, and a photo resistor to make my own release mechanism.

I'm not really that educated about these electronic devices but I think I can pull it off. The thing I'm most unsure about is if the photo resistor I purchased will be compatible with the light output of mavics red led.

Crazy that it needs a check.
And if I try to upload the clip direct it gives and error :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1