DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed wing flight mode

I read a post claiming that it actually extends battery life.

Has anyone figured out a good reason to add Fixed wing flight to this drone other than novelty? Secondly, does this mode burn the battery twice as fast?
Its a bit more energy efficient as the throttle is controlled by the craft and not by the user.
I dont like that I lose control of the gimbal

When I select fix wing it does not show C1 on the screen consistently only randomly. There seems to be no pattern to it. Once C1 selected it confirms its in FW mode and the speed. When I let go of the Rt stick it slows down instead of maintaining speed. Anyone have an idea why this is happening ?

I think there's a minimum speed of 13mph before you can enable FW mode with C1 to maintain constant speed like cruise control.

What the **** is fixed wing mode?

It simulates flying like an airplane using your drone. To activate, have horizontal acceleration then press c1 to enter and c2 to exit. Also has to be enabled in settings.

I'm not at home right now but I thought I heard someone mention something about an additional button that may pop up during flight to unlock gimbal.

Distance flyers could find it useful. It’s cruse control in a perfect straight line. I bet they can go just a little bit further with the juice in the battery due to the more efficient flight with it being automatous.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet