DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly as You Are October 30

Zandian

Reactions
So, what will this be? The mini?

DJI very good at releasing new drones right before competitors release or ship their devices. Killed the GoPro drone. How will this affect the Skydio 2?

Z

Reactions: JS1600
I can only imagine it's the Mavic Mini
1571927695067.png

Reactions: JS1600
Hopefully they are releasing a new VR headset. Their original one is way too big and bulky.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
More leaked images!
FC95D741-764C-48ED-9CC0-571B2ABB9594.jpeg5A651A99-B11B-42CF-AD98-C2FFD9707E75.jpeg7BFC927A-1362-4218-9E0E-6315C8D7F769.jpeg9A5F94FE-C6FB-4392-AB8B-D1C58E454F1B.jpeg

Is it me, or do those pic make the mini look like a cheap knockoff. It just seems to be missing finishing.
But I guess if they are going for low weight, then cosmetics are the first to go.
Also strange to see Phillips head screws and not the hexheads that are normally used

Last edited:
Spec sheets have been leaked:
mm1.pngmm2.pngmm3.pngmm4.png

Reactions: PTBperegrine
It would be a pretty powerful drone if you can strap it on your back and let you fly with it.
That's what I'm hoping it is judging by the picture of the young lady flying away. Fly like Superman except for the noisy props at your hands and feet.

im surprised dji hasnt gone into the racing drone arena. I get all my racing stuff through TBS but would love to see the form factor DJI could produce

im surprised dji hasnt gone into the racing drone arena. I get all my racing stuff through TBS but would love to see the form factor DJI could produce
They have their FPV system. No drone though. They probably wouldn’t offer Care Refresh if they come up with one.

The weight has my attention for the regulatory benefits that it will have.
From earlier leaked images the battery appeared to be a 2 cell form factor, specifically 2x 18650 cells... which could open it up also to using batteries from other manufacturers, or potentially having a multitude of options at the least. Thinking custom aftermarket batteries using quality high density cells over 3000mAh = longer flight times. (Not talking the obvious fake cells - 20000mAh "Super lucky golden flower" variety).
I know that thought makes some uneasy, but I can't see how much different that is to people running "saddle packs" on MP's with FPV style LiPO's etc..

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Mavic Mini sounds like snack bar . . . or maybe its a drone

So, what will this be? The mini?

DJI very good at releasing new drones right before competitors release or ship their devices. Killed the GoPro drone. How will this affect the Skydio 2?

Z

The Skydio 2 is around $900 and from what I understand the Mavic Mini is going to be in the $400 range. Just based on pricing I don't think they are competing for the same level of buyer. The camera specs (4K, 45MP versus 2.7K, 12MP) would also have those looking for video/picture quality at the level of $1K drones aren't going to looking at the Mavic Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom