DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly as You Are October 30

Ive always heard "these things are not toys" but this looks like it might be close.

OK some are saying 30 min flight and others are at 19 min. That's a pretty big deal. If in all reality it has a 25-30 min safe flight time, I'd say that would be as big of an asset as its size. I wanted an Air but just could not see the advantage over my MP due to the cost of the Air. Even the Spark didn't interest me. How the mini handles wind is what I'll be curious about provided the leaked specs are correct.

The Skydio camera is 4K,12MP. 45MP refers to its visual sensing capability (cheeky marketing designed to trick us I reckon). The Mavic Mini camera (if the leaked specs above are indeed 100% accurate) is also 4K, 12MP. The Skydio camera can also do 4K at 60fps which is superior to the entire DJI Mavic range but then the Mavic 2 Pro has the 1 inch sensor if that is something that excites you.

From what I can see the Mavic Mini is going to sell like hot cakes.

Skydio 2 does look awesome, if you want a fully autonomous follow drone, $900 is not bad, but doesn't appear to include the beacon or the controller, those are another $149 each. All in all a nice package, but closer to a Mavic 2 than a mini

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted member 877
Now that the Mavic Mini has been released and we know the specifications I don't see it as any competition for the Skydio 2.

OK some are saying 30 min flight and others are at 19 min. That's a pretty big deal. If in all reality it has a 25-30 min safe flight time, I'd say that would be as big of an asset as its size. I wanted an Air but just could not see the advantage over my MP due to the cost of the Air. Even the Spark didn't interest me. How the mini handles wind is what I'll be curious about provided the leaked specs are correct.

Noticed this too, DJI video/website says 30 min flight time and an unofficial "leaked" spec sheet says 19 min.

Im also highly skeptical on the 4km range using wifi, didn't know that was possible.

Well, of course, they are.. here in the UK with CE power it was more like 1000m for me.

Ideal conditions for 4km would be somewhere like the moon.

I think that if you are contemplating flying a lightweight drone you're naturally going to keep it on the ground when the wind is strong. As always DJI will include tolerances such as maximum recommended wind strength in the specifications.
I have now seen reports be they true or false that the mini is only steady up to 15 to 20mph max. 20 that’s close but 15 would be a disaster. When could you really fly? In Iowa a light wind is 15mph sustained, especially out in the open plains. I know I can fly my Spark or Air in that easily. My Phantom was that much better. I really hope that this turns out to be untrue, if it is DJI could have a huge miss on a new product shades of iPhone 4 antenna gate.

I have now seen reports be they true or false that the mini is only steady up to 15 to 20mph max. 20 that’s close but 15 would be a disaster. When could you really fly? In Iowa a light wind is 15mph sustained, especially out in the open plains. I know I can fly my Spark or Air in that easily. My Phantom was that much better. I really hope that this turns out to be untrue, if it is DJI could have a huge miss on a new product shades of iPhone 4 antenna gate.

Possibly only a disaster in places like the open plains of Iowa. The Mini is only 50 grams lighter than the Spark so there shouldn't be much of a difference in terms of its ability to penetrate moderate wind strength. My crystal ball tells me that the Mavic Mini will be a huge success for DJI.

Possibly only a disaster in places like the open plains of Iowa. The Mini is only 50 grams lighter than the Spark so there shouldn't be much of a difference in terms of its ability to penetrate moderate wind strength. My crystal ball tells me that the Mavic Mini will be a huge success for DJI.
I h ave no doubt that it won’t be, it’s like Apple put it out overprice it and say buy it. They will come in groves, I buy Apple all the time, not because of the hype but because there’s not many who really complete with there’re quality. Be nice if they charged less, oh well. Same with DJI it’s always first rate and overpriced. The thing is with both companies you get what you pay for and that alone is tough to just pass on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard