DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying mavic over fog today

Looks great , what height is that ? Isnt it a bit dangerous to flight through the fog or it was okay ?

Tried it once and although it looked great after getting it down and finding it covered in moisture that put me off doing it again. Perhaps if it was a thin layer I might but I went up to 400 ft and only just broke through. Looks class though doesn't it... :)

Did you go straight up and come back down, because flying around without vlos or fps seems scary. I guess if there wasn't anything to hit when you got below the fog then you could get a reference. Looks kind of cool though.

Looks good, but what about "line of sight" ?
I was going to say "You must be new here.". Then I checked. You are new! LOL - Well, welcome to the forum.
In fairness, we don't know what country the OP was flying over. Could have been a legit op. :D:D:D

Back OT:
Flying in the fog at night looks cool with a some steady burn LED running lights and a bunch of strobes going - has that James Cameron effect. :-0 But even with all of that it gets lost QUICK if you go up to high. And yes it gets covered in water. Keep the flight short. And keep a towel handy, as you always should!

Reactions: Brojon
has anyone done a LOS survey. i.e. what % of folks ALWAYS have LOS vs. not?

Perhaps a survey many folks would not want to participate in :):D

Nice video! Technically you should not fly in fog, but I would never say that to anyone.

I always think it looks kinda mysterious over clouds. Fun!
As far as the legality comments - you'll find these folks everywhere.
Seems a lot of folks would like to wear a badge and love to call people out for "infractions of the rules/law".
Best learn to just let those comments go by - not worth tangling with the sanctimonious.
Welcome!

Reactions: 51 Drones and Dw911
Flying in the fog at night looks cool with a some steady burn LED running lights and a bunch of strobes going - has that James Cameron effect. :-0 But even with all of that it gets lost QUICK if you go up to high. And yes it gets covered in water. Keep the flight short. And keep a towel handy, as you always should!
You're not kidding - I went into a low fog to see how high it went and the camera was useless with condensation. The internal heat pretty much kept that part dry but the outside was soaked.

has anyone done a LOS survey. i.e. what % of folks ALWAYS have LOS vs. not?

Perhaps a survey many folks would not want to participate in :):D
Someone just posted a VLOS survey. I'm guessing the majority will vote: "I plead the 5th" :D

Reactions: Brojon
Dense fog advisory in our area today. I hope to get it up. Had a couple of runs in the past, and yes, it gets very wet. I set it in front of the fan for a day afterwards, just to be sure.

Dense fog advisory in our area today. I hope to get it up. Had a couple of runs in the past, and yes, it gets very wet. I set it in front of the fan for a day afterwards, just to be sure.
You have problems getting it up when ita foggy out. Weather can do strange things sorry i had to.

Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi