DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me mode question

rockwind1

Reactions
So I read about the in this mode the drone will follow the GPS coordinates of the remote control itself? Does that mean that we're remote-control itself has GPS built into it like a Garmin unit or does that mean it is following the GPS coordinates of your mobile device. If so and your iPad, in my case, does not have cellular how does the drone follow the GPS coordinates?

If so and your iPad, in my case, does not have cellular how does the drone follow the GPS coordinates?
Since it's following the location reported by the GPS receiver in your mobile device, it won't work with mobile devices that do not contain a GPS receiver. You will either need to use a different mobile device or connect your mobile device to a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these).

So I read about the in this mode the drone will follow the GPS coordinates of the remote control itself? Does that mean that we're remote-control itself has GPS built into it like a Garmin unit or does that mean it is following the GPS coordinates of your mobile device. If so and your iPad, in my case, does not have cellular how does the drone follow the GPS coordinates?

The Garmin GLO is excellent with the iPad Mini.

Be safe and happy landings....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD