DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

1. Without even updating the Mavic is now rendered useless.
Also, from what I know, if this is the case - this is VERY problematic from the point of view of a US customer for example where "time bombs" in a code or product are not allowed.

Reactions: Phrede
They want me to send my Mavic back. Like that's going to happen. I'm trying to drive the chat rep into a corner. He refuses to let me speak with a supervisor. He's trying to deflect.

UPDATE: I'm now speaking to someone more competent, it would seem. He's looking to get a workaround for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiterTodd
Can you maybe use the DJI Assistant on PC / Mac and use the USB to try a update like that ?
I'm already on .700 and spoke on the phone with DJI Tech support, who is surprisingly competent. He even told me based on the script I would need to send it back, but he knows that's not going to solve anything. According to him, there are a boat load of users now suffering from the limitations forced on us. R&D has been alerted, and they are trying to get the app out as fast possible. It could happen in a few hours, or it could happen on Friday, but it's definitely happening this week. We have discovered the Mavic is running the correct FW, and refreshed it several times, both with the Go app and the Assistant app, each successful, but no luck. Reinstalling the Go app did nothing. The drone is essentially grounded, until the new update is out.

I'm already on .700 and spoke on the phone with DJI Tech support, who is surprisingly competent. He even told me based on the script I would need to send it back, but he knows that's not going to solve anything. According to him, there are a boat load of users now suffering from the limitations forced on us. R&D has been alerted, and they are trying to get the app out as fast possible. It could happen in a few hours, or it could happen on Friday, but it's definitely happening this week. We have discovered the Mavic is running the correct FW, and refreshed it several times, both with the Go app and the Assistant app, each successful, but no luck. Reinstalling the Go app did nothing. The drone is essentially grounded, until the new update is out.

That is so scary that I would even avoid turning mine on now :( ....

Strange that mine works on .700 (both remote and drone) ... lucky I guess :(

That is so scary that I would even avoid turning mine on now :( ....

Strange that mine works on .700 (both remote and drone) ... lucky I guess :(
The app is sending some sort of lock signal to the drone. My guess it uses the time to send that signal. So my goggles, are useless too.

Something's up. My Mavic just keeps spitting out a slew of errors. And my live feed is lost. Air Encoding error, forward vision system error, downward vision system error. It was working perfectly last night.
This completely sucks.
Sorry you are going through this and I suspect there are many frustrated owners out there new.
They can't push these shut-down commands out unless their system is air-tight and as we have seen from false restricted area geo fencing... their system is not air-tight.

Keep us updated!

This completely sucks.
Sorry you are going through this and I suspect there are many frustrated owners out there new.
They can't push these shut-down commands out unless their system is air-tight and as we have seen from false restricted area geo fencing... their system is not air-tight.

Keep us updated!
Will do. All I can do is sit and wait, while staring at my goggles. At least I figured out how to play Netflix on it, so there's that. I'm really hoping this issue goes away once the app updates, or it will be time to send the drone back to DJI.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Mavic pro is now 1400 quid of useless since update. Go4 app won't open and errors with shutdown error and resolution errors on s7 edge. Never had an issue until today and I took a week off work to film by the coast. Arrrrgh

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466