DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward obstacle avoidence sensors not working during RTH.

dcb942

Reactions
During RTH I get the error, Warning front obstacle avoidance sensors not working. Any ideas? The obstacle avoidance seems to work fine indoors or just flying around outside unless I do RTH. I was not flying towards the sun but there was quite a bit of wind.

When it locates its home point with gps at your rth altitude. Do they not switch off to descend?

Maybe a NooB point, but I flew my new Mavic around for a while with the tiny protective plastic film covers on the forward visual sensors. You can barely see them, and it won't show a problem until it gets to a low light situation since the plastic film is opaque.

Have you enabled this in the "Advanced Settings" menu in the "Visual Navigation Settings"? Even if you enable Obstacle avoidance in the first menu, you have to go to the advanced settings lower down to enable "RTH Obstacle Check" for RTH. It says that it will automatically enable it if you switch on obstacle avoidance, but I still had to enable it in the advanced settings.

The only time I get a warning that obstacle avoidance is switched off is in the last stages of landing, i.e. 1m or so off the ground and just before it lands.

Have you enabled this in the "Advanced Settings" menu in the "Visual Navigation Settings"? Even if you enable Obstacle avoidance in the first menu, you have to go to the advanced settings lower down to enable "RTH Obstacle Check" for RTH. It says that it will automatically enable it if you switch on obstacle avoidance, but I still had to enable it in the advanced settings.

The only time I get a warning that obstacle avoidance is switched off is in the last stages of landing, i.e. 1m or so off the ground and just before it lands.

I'll check this, I'm having forward sensor calibration errors and I took out of sports mode. Will check back in soon

Sent from [emoji211]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78