DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front vision sensor calibration error?

kaitlyn

Reactions
Flew my drone one before, really short time. Today went out again was going to try the smart flight modes but I got front vision sensor calibration error that also wouldn't let me get into trace mode.

Do I need to calibrate it? Was working fine on previous flight. Is there something wrong with them or the mavic?

*Edit*: Just got home and turned it on again. No issues. I had it on-and-off twice while out and both times was the front vision errors. It was overcast and snowy - would that cause them to misreport their working condition?

If you just got the drone, you should do a full visual system calibration using the desktop app, DJI Assistant 2. Takes about 5 minutes.

Reactions: Bintryin
I am not able to calibrate my front vision sensor after several attempts. After I received my mavic from repair I downloaded the newest firmware. Now i get error messages about magnetic interference, compass errors, and front vision sensor errors. The Mavic presently has no collision avoidance and perhaps other problems , which I can not ascertain since i am afraid to fly it. Was the firmware buggy or did the repair job mess up the repair?

I am not able to calibrate my front vision sensor after several attempts. After I received my mavic from repair I downloaded the newest firmware. Now i get error messages about magnetic interference, compass errors, and front vision sensor errors. The Mavic presently has no collision avoidance and perhaps other problems , which I can not ascertain since i am afraid to fly it. Was the firmware buggy or did the repair job mess up the repair?
The next day i was able to calibrate the front sensors with the mavic desktop app. It was a slow process that took about an hour

Flew my drone one before, really short time. Today went out again was going to try the smart flight modes but I got front vision sensor calibration error that also wouldn't let me get into trace mode.

Do I need to calibrate it? Was working fine on previous flight. Is there something wrong with them or the mavic?

*Edit*: Just got home and turned it on again. No issues. I had it on-and-off twice while out and both times was the front vision errors. It was overcast and snowy - would that cause them to misreport their working condition?

It may be a side effect of the .0400 firmware update- the vision systems run a self-test or something every time they're powered on. I've had a similar experience with the downward sensors thinking they need calibration when in fact it was merely getting dark.

Here I will explain how to get it all to work on windows 10. PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST ON THE VIDEO!

Thank you Mr. Milburn!! You helped me get my Green 'Ready to Go (GPS)' back on my iPhone screen! You might be an AverageDad, but you are no AverageMember! Not going to rush returning my Mavic after all! ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Wingmantiger

Here I will explain how to get it all to work on windows 10. PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST ON THE VIDEO!
Wow, a thousand tha

Thank you Mr. Milburn! After a dozen efforts to calibrate my Mavic's sensors (the front sensors seemed to be calibrating but the bottom sensors would not show any patterns on my screen) they are finally calibrated due to your good work. My friend, you ARE the Man and I appreciate you so much. It was especially helpful that you walked through the process slowly and allowed even me, a non computer savvy person, to correctly navigate through the steps. How the devil did you figure this out? DJI should hire you to teach this. Thanks again and best of luck to you and your family.

All - FYI
My mavic pro was expeirencing Forward sensor calibration issue and it was resolved. The issue was related to screen size.
I was using my desktop with 4k monior to calibrate it and the issue seems to be with screen size, resolution etc. I managed to calibrate it successfully by using a laptop screen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111