DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW update

beejAMG

Reactions
good day!
after a 7 week wait (ordered from Apple Australia), i finally received my Mavic last week but been busy so I havent had the chance to thinker with her since yesterday.
First, I charged the smart battery and the remote together and when both reached 100% i did (tried) doing the FW update. Downloaded the fw without a hitch but when it started upgrading. it got stuck at 39% for about 10mins. So i decided to turn the Mavic off, turned the controller off, then I deleted my DJI go4 app and re-uploaded it from the app store. As soon as its up and running, I tried connecting the controller (whilst connected with the app) to the Mavic and I was surprised that the FW update was completed.

Now my question is, should I trust that my Mavic has indeed finished the update or what?

This is my first "real" drone, had a few mini toy drones before but im a bit scared to take my first flight coz of what happened above. Will do the compass and controller calibration this afternoon if I have the time and try to fly if any of you can confirm that the fw in my Mavic is ok.

I appreciate any advice. cheers guys!

Considering turning on Beginner Mode so that you will essentially have a "leash" on the Mavic Pro. It will limit the flight altitude and distance so that if things do not go as expected during the flight at least it wont fly off to Argentina.

That is unless you are already in Argentina
:)

Then if things appear responsive and normal ( i.e. Stick movements are reflected in Mavic, GPS lock is obtained, Radar gives correct heading of Mavic, etc) then turn off Beginner mode and venture a bit further.

Reactions: beejAMG
Beginner Mode, noted. thanks mate!

also, i dont have access to my Mavic and the controller atm as I am away from home but im playing around with the settings on the DJI go4 app on my Iphone and i see that I can change some of the settings but it wont save it. might be a stupid query but does the app need to be connected to the controller and the mavic to be able to save the all the settings? cheers!

Yes. Needs to be connected. Remember to always remove the gimbal / camera bubble AND gimbal clamp if doing settings adjustments on your home counter or table. Leaving the gimbal clamp on during power up will over stress the gimbal motors.

I just leave my props folded in and remove those items when doing settings changes /updates.

Reactions: beejAMG
Yes. Needs to be connected. Remember to always remove the gimbal / camera bubble AND gimbal clamp if doing settings adjustments on your home counter or table. Leaving the gimbal clamp on during power up will over stress the gimbal motors.

I just leave my props folded in and remove those items when doing settings changes /updates.

thanks for this mate. I really appreciate it. will do all your advice before i take my maiden flight with the Mavic.
with the toys (mini drones) i have, i couldnt care less if i lose, crash or trash em but with the Mavic, apart from being a bit more expensive here down under, its a gift from the Mrs so i have to look after it and what happened with the fw update made me a bit more skeptical.

There seems to be a lot of problems with the firmware update stopping at 39% and then causing problems with the controller connecting to the Mavic, if your controller is connecting ok it sounds like you're ok:

Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.

thanks for the link John.
my controller seems fine iirc. it did say "ready to fly" or something like that but i was inside the room then so i didnt even bother firing up the motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venture3344555