DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo system shows on phone, not on tablet

AyeYo

Reactions
Had a weird issue yesterday. Had a job outside a stadium, so of course I checked DJI's NFZ maps ahead of time to ensure no issues. On the old system, the area is a no authorization red zone. On the Geo system there's no restriction whatsoever. I also emailed DJI to confirm this.

Get there, power up with my tablet, which is running Android Go 4.0.7.... and it's a NFZ. I go into the settings menu to see if maybe Geo isn't enabled... and it's not even THERE as an option. Unplug the tablet, switch to my phone (also on Android Go4, but 4.0.2)... Geo is now showing as an option and I can fly no problem.

What gives?

Hi, trying to understand your problem, but got stuck when you talk about Geo system. Please explain…

(I have just tried to fly from a location at the edge of Beijing's NFZ, and initially seemed to be able to take off, but after moving 50m - away - from the centre of the NFZ, was unable to do so)

When flying with my tablet, the Geo system option does not show at all and I am stuck with the old NFZ system. When flying with my phone, the Geo system does show and I can use it.

New to all of this and to be honest, if I had known the hassle trying to get this thing up in the air I think I would have given it a swerve...( been succsesful with wifi) and had a couple runs with RC, but it just seems to be problem after problem and takes all of the fun and initial burst of enthusiasm out of doing it. Wasted a whole day and still not much further on, one step forward and two back.

It turns I live in a restricted area and the second or third time I flew with the RC it warned me of a 'restricted fly zone' and now I can't take off.

Listened to this You Tube video

and it mentions the Geo System etc and as above I am using my tablet and the option isn't there whatsoever as are a lot of other funcitions that he mentions.

Each time I change settings it reverts back to the old settings- usually zero and that's a major headache when you want your RFH set to a particular height and the max altitude likewise.

It just seems one ball ache after another, no point producing a first class machine with third rate software and instructions.

What firmware are you on? As of the latest firmware, you no longer have the option to turn GEO off. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show it at all. Someone else will have to confirm that, as I haven't upgraded yet. And for the record, I still haven't resolved this issue either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan