DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Control

Ziggy01

Reactions
Is there any known way to reverse the gimbal pitch controller?

It's utterly counterintuitive to me and no amount of "retraining" is going to prevent me from getting it wrong. I can't imagine that having the option to reverse the dial response would be a difficult firmware option.

Anyone else have issues with this?

It's utterly counterintuitive to me and no amount of "retraining" is going to prevent me from getting it wrong. I can't imagine that having the option to reverse the dial response would be a difficult firmware option.

Short answer is No. I honestly can't understand why you would want it reversed.

Short answer is No. I honestly can't understand why you would want it reversed.
Because, as I stated, it is counter-intuitive to me. I want to "push" to look down and "pull" to pull up.

But yeah, I might be the only one with this issue...probably something to do with being dropped on my head as an infant.

Reactions: Youser
I feel with you, as i was used to always play FPShooters "pilot Style" (e.g. Halo) i am forever reversed in my reflexes :)

A simple reverse Option would not be asking to much of DJI.

Greetings,

Ender

It'll probably destroy compatibility with any Android version after 3.2 or on Android devices with screens larger than 3" and also devices smaller than 42" or Android devices whose operating system starts with "A" or which contain a power/lock button.

Reactions: SeaComms
It'll probably destroy compatibility with any Android version after 3.2 or on Android devices with screens larger than 3" and also devices smaller than 42" or Android devices whose operating system starts with "A" or which contain a power/lock button.
How ? or Why ?

'Cause each new update seems to break something on Android...

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Question was whether the wheel <--> Gimbal control can be reversed.
It can NOT be reversed ATM but its a valid feature request.

About Android instability / problems:
Android is simply more complex then iOS because of the variety.
You could say "i dont use a car, its failing much more often then my oxe-cart".
That would be true and its your decision but it does not say much about the Quality of cars or ox-carts as they are different in too many aspects. Remember that DJI use Android in their Drones, in the remote controls and in the glasses.

They are just not goot in GUI driven Apps.
I am using both iOS & Android and can honestly say that both have their caveats.
DJI is slightly inept to Android GUI programming but thats DJI's failing, not Androids.

Ender

Last edited:

I also find that it is counter intuitive for me. Each time I would like to look down I keep pushing the wheel the wrong way.

Dear DJI, if you're reading this, your drones are awesome! and the app as well too... But is it too much to ask to have the gimbal control in reverse mode. Also, just an idea. For the 3d direction button, the one in the middle of the controller, it would be nice to add gimbal control as an option in there with the customization. Thanks. :)

Add another "me too" on this one. I'm always trying to "push" the gimbal down. Until I can retrain my brain (or they add the reverse option), my videos will always look like crap.

Reactions: Peio64270
Ya It's very counter intuitive. I wish it had this feature

Reactions: Wingo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31