DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good morning from the UK

miikeyblue

Reactions
Hi... Mike here, from just outside Portsmouth on the south coast of England.

Picked up a Mavic Mini yesterday, never flown a 'proper' drone before, only ever played with the toy ones, and wow, this thing is a different league!

Looking forward to learning how to use this to it's full potential, ready for a trip to Lapland this winter!

I've made a couple of videos, nothing at all spectacular, very jolty and a bit boring to be honest - hoping to see the difference as time goes on though as I get more proficient in using it.

Creating a youtube channel to track my progress - am I allowed to share that here?

Thanks
Mike

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
We have a pinned thread so that you can post your channel link there!
Photo and Video Showcase
Add your videos to the showcase by using copy and paste links in the tool bar above. ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
We have a pinned thread so that you can post your channel link there!
Photo and Video Showcase
Add your videos to the showcase by using copy and paste links in the tool bar above. ?

Thanks, I'll take a look!Just popped out to capture a gorgeous sunrise... forgot to press record ?‍♂️

Hi Mike.
Welcome to the forum.
You're going to love the mini, great drone.
On the very front of the controller, left side, is the record video button. The right side button takes a picture. No you can't take a picture if recording...I've tried.

Hi... Mike here, from just outside Portsmouth on the south coast of England.

Creating a youtube channel to track my progress - am I allowed to share that here?

Thanks
Mike

Welcome to the forum mikey.

Yes you can click HERE

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done it. It might save you a lot of aggro.

CLICK HERE

Happy flying

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

Just be careful flying in high winds. Read the manual, and practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your mini, and you will lose your mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover your lost drone.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the UK. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

Just be careful flying in high winds. Read the manual, and practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your mini, and you will lose your mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover your lost drone.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the UK. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!
I had a Mavic Pro and used the find a. Drone but it's way up high in a tree and had been raining for 2 dsys

I had a Mavic Pro and used the find a. Drone but it's way up high in a tree and had been raining for 2 dsys

You think you've got troubles.

A few years ago, I had my Mavic explore the area north of the Trinity River (Ft. Worth, TX). I wasn't careful, and ran out of battery. I had pressed RTH, so it was on its way back, but crash-landed in some heavy brush on the wrong side of a dense tree and sticker-bush line.

A week or so later I was back, wearing my snake-proof boots and my sidearm, and carrying a chain saw and hedge trimmer. In the meantime, my bird was exposed to a violent thunderstorm and heavy rain. I had to cut my way through the tree line with the chain saw.

DGI Go's "Find My Drone" led me on a circuitous path through and around the brush. After circling the "last known location" at least twice, "Find My Drone" led me to the exact location of my Mavic, though I couldn't see it (or even my feet) in the tall grass.

Using the hedge trimmer, I cut the grass down to knee height, and there she was, looking none the worse for wear. It was OK. just had to dry it off and recalibrate the gimbal.

So if you lose your drone, you can count on "Find My Drone".

That said, your first task is to get it down from the tree. If you're lucky, the wind will blow it loose. If not, you'll have to either climb the tree (done that a few times) or shake the drone free using rope (that too). Once on the ground, you've got it. If you have to pay some kid to climb the tree for you, it'll be cheaper than a new drone.

Good luck!

If you fly into a ten-story tree you can't locate at 52 mph, you're gonna need 'em. It's a good thing you don't fly manned aircraft.

Most irresponsible.
You do not a have a enough information to state I'm irresponsible, obviously you must be a flying god, ask for more information before you judge others on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie would go