DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS signal loss ATTI mode

Dakanez

Reactions
Well here is my story on 28th of February 2017, I was going to fly my Mavic and everything was normal no warnings homepoint was set about 8 minutes into my flight and then the controller said ATTI mode and there a message on the screen that said satellite positioning off fly with caution... So then the drone started drift up and away from me over a bridge the controllers didn't seem to do much at all, looking at the screen I saw gps signal had no bars but 16 satellites and after about 2 minutes the gps signal came back full strength I landed the mavic with no damage done I was in a open area before it started to drift away I have flown it this same area about 30-40 times no problem first time ever. Sort of wondering besides doing calibrations on compass,controller and imu is there something I should or tell DJI and if so how and where should I start??? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Flash1034
Did this occur with the latest firmware installed?

If so was it the first flight after upgrading to the latest firmware?

Multiple people have experienced this including my self. I spoke with DJI chat and they told me it was from either a crash or an interrupted firmware and to reset it through DJI Connect. Others on here say its from the wiring causing interference. Search for home GPS fix

The wiring issue you speak off will only exhibit itself when in Sport Mode and at Full Throttle for a specific amount of time with the throttle pegged.

DJI has also corrected this issue by twisting the wiring internally that leads down to the rear legs as to cancel out any interference and noise that the motors would transfer into the wiring.

So this begs the question. Did this happen after a flat out Sport Mode run?

Version app 4.04
Aircraft and controller 01.03.0400
No this was like 25th flight of my mavic

That is the latest firmware I believe or there may be one later.

Flat Out in Sport Mode for any given time?

This issue is beginning to look like the GPS health issue described here
Why did it fly away?
Even though multiple satellites are locked the GPS health diminishes and allows loss of control from the Mavic.

You may want to follow the process described in the thread posted above to retrieve your flight data and post it here while tagging posting BudWalker using the @ symbol in front of his UserId in a following thread post.

I would question not just why the GPS health is dropping instantly from 5 to 1 (in many of the similar cases), but are you truly losing control? For those who have flown quads w/o GPS, we're quite familiar with the 'drift' and lack of hover-ability. If someone has no experience flying w/o GPS, the sudden loss of a strong fixed hover may seem like a loss of control. The OP may well have experienced a true loss, but I wonder if it just didn't appear that way.

In ATTI, especially in windy conditions, the operator must continue to apply input to get the MP to remain in a static hover.

Reactions: BD0G
^ Totally ^ . If you have not experienced "the drift" from ATTI before it can be a bit , ehem , uh, unsettling and the pucker factor starts to peg.

When I get this behavior which is rare for me I click into Sport Mode so I have more speed and maneuvering available,. Especially if i am fighting the wind.

Thank you all I will into everyone's suggestions and is there a way to actually put a Mavic Pro into atti mode outside to learn how to fly for just this kind of situation?

Without tin foiling the outer shell of the Mavic over the GPS or some other "kludge" there is not a way at the present time to put the Mavic manually into ATTI mode.

Miss Atti mode, I hope they can add it on a firmware update!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31