DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360

I have had two attempts both unsuccessful so far. Have all the individual shots but did not inform of downloading or uploading to server.
The interface needs a bit more work.

Anyone have issues when pressing GO in the app and it just goes up like 5feet and then nothing?

I just tried this app today with my Mavic Pro running latest updates. DJI Go 4 was closed. Launched Hangar 360 on iPhone 6 w/ latest updates and powered on Mavic and connected. Flight went great- flew to 300 feet and took 27 images. When I uploaded them they failed to stitch so I tried in Lightroom with Merge to Panorama....it couldn't make a preview in spherical nor cylindrical nor perspective modes.
So I looked at the images and was able to make good pano in LR using just the lower row of the three rows....but that shows no sky really. When I look at the images individually I now see what is wrong- the images shot sort of straight out are all badly out of focus....the next row down and the final row furthest down are all in focus. When I asked Lightroom CC to Photomerge them to Panorama, I was even able to merge the lower (18) or lower two rows...all but the first row that didn't focus....puzzled.

Wondering why this would happen....There's no opportunity to focus the camera in Hangar 360 right? It should do it on its own??

Attaching the lower part of the set that I could merge and one frame from the top row that was way out of focus...

Suggestions welcome. I would have gone back after lunch and tried, but all the older guys with their giant wooden and Styrofoam planes were there and they hate when I show up with my drones or helis (even though I'm a paying member etc.) Will try again later and may try Lithci which I own too.

20170510-083557-026-Pano.jpg 20170510-083438-012.jpg

I just tried this app today with my Mavic Pro running latest updates. DJI Go 4 was closed. Launched Hangar 360 on iPhone 6 w/ latest updates and powered on Mavic and connected. Flight went great- flew to 300 feet and took 27 images. When I uploaded them they failed to stitch so I tried in Lightroom with Merge to Panorama....it couldn't make a preview in spherical nor cylindrical nor perspective modes.
So I looked at the images and was able to make good pano in LR using just the lower row of the three rows....but that shows no sky really. When I look at the images individually I now see what is wrong- the images shot sort of straight out are all badly out of focus....the next row down and the final row furthest down are all in focus. When I asked Lightroom CC to Photomerge them to Panorama, I was even able to merge the lower (18) or lower two rows...all but the first row that didn't focus....puzzled.

Wondering why this would happen....There's no opportunity to focus the camera in Hangar 360 right? It should do it on its own??

Attaching the lower part of the set that I could merge and one frame from the top row that was way out of focus...

Suggestions welcome. I would have gone back after lunch and tried, but all the older guys with their giant wooden and Styrofoam planes were there and they hate when I show up with my drones or helis (even though I'm a paying member etc.) Will try again later and may try Lithci which I own too.

View attachment 12581 View attachment 12582

I had the same problem with a failed image. The engineers at Hangar 360 said my upload had 25 images not 23. He said the software sometimes glitches this way. His solution is to take multiple groups - just to be sure one gets processed.

Reactions: Seachief
Hmm, not sure, as I only used the app today for the first time. What I did notice is that the app actively focussed during the taking of the photo's, also, it changes the EV correction (had set it to zero before, was at +0.7 after), which makes sense knowing that the sky is probably lighter than the land.

Reactions: Seachief
I have yet to successfully do it

Me too. Launched again in the same spot at Valley Forge Park...same result again...the first row of images is badly out of focus and the others are very clear.

What alternatives are there? I own Litchi....can I shoot this sort of Pano [reliably] with Litchi??

@Seachief
So apparently if you can launch from a slightly higher perspective so that the drone is already in "infinity" focus, this will solve those issues. The problem is when the drone is on the ground about to launch, its focusing on something very close, and when you launch to the 300' level, that first entire row is mushy (not sure why?)
Litchi (I have that also) can do nice panorama individual pictures, but YOU have to stitch them together after, and its a manual process. Also, this type of "360" panorama from hangar, is more complex to do than a straight forward left-to-right Pano. I've done both versions, and the hangar 360 is easier, and I like the "globe" 360 much better than the flat normal Pano's. ........ymmv

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423