DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Miami. Looking for feedback

4K Beaches

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have been flying for only about a month. So far I have been making videos mostly of boats that I upload to YouTube on a channel called 4K Beaches. I am hoping that some of you would be interested in reviewing some of the videos and also providing feedback that would help me make more interesting and better quality videos. Feedback can be anything from flight, to camera settings, to editing, anything you think of is appreciated. For reference I am flying the Mavic pro 2 on manual settings.

Here is a link to my newest attempt of a video.

Thank you for the support!

Happy 4th of July!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: 4K Beaches
Welcome 4K Beaches!
We are both in the same wonderful city of Miami.
Your video has great movement and content. The only issue I see is that it is slightly over exposed. Drop your aperture a couple of clicks and that should bring a bit more detail and color exposure to your video. :)

Thank you Drone Master. I will give that a shot and see how it goes. To be fair, that video was shot without a sun in the afternoon on gloomy day in Miami, and as I'm sure you know, that has been every afternoon here for weeks. I appreciate that feedback.

I am using a iPhone, and normally straining to see what is going on while watching the small screen. I need to look into a better setup, or a shade, or something.

A more sunny video I made would be this one.

Thank you Drone Master. I will give that a shot and see how it goes. To be fair, that video was shot without a sun in the afternoon on gloomy day in Miami, and as I'm sure you know, that has been every afternoon here for weeks. I appreciate that feedback.

I am using a iPhone, and normally straining to see what is going on while watching the small screen. I need to look into a better setup, or a shade, or something.

A more sunny video I made would be this one.

Another good video, however still a bit over exposed. Are you using any filters? If not, I would suggest them. Maybe a #8..

Wow! Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida! What a great marketing idea. I agree with Drone Master's opinion. I will check out some of the other videos as well. Again, a BIG welcome!

Welcome to Forum from another Miami drone enthusiast. Your videos look great. I agree a little decrease in exposure and increase a bit of contrast in post should do the trick. Video editing and music track was great. I fly sometimes from under the bridge to Key Biscayne. Lots of drone activity there! Your tracking shots are great. I'd love to learn that too. Here is my only boat video.

One more thing...how do you insert the price tag /logo on the video. What is the source?

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have been flying for only about a month. So far I have been making videos mostly of boats that I upload to YouTube on a channel called 4K Beaches. I am hoping that some of you would be interested in reviewing some of the videos and also providing feedback that would help me make more interesting and better quality videos. Feedback can be anything from flight, to camera settings, to editing, anything you think of is appreciated. For reference I am flying the Mavic pro 2 on manual settings.

Here is a link to my newest attempt of a video.

Thank you for the support!

Happy 4th of July!

Great video! What software did you use to create the animation titles?

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes and responses.

Drone Master - I started using filters and tried out the ND polarized 4 and 8 after reading somewhere the concept of getting more color by having slower shutter. Unfortunately I was running into just too much blur while chasing boats. I have resumed with the stock DJI filter as my only option at this point. The reason I presume I was running into too much blur is the time of day that I typically film. I get off work and tend to make it to a location by 5-6pm and film maybe to 7pm.

Dale D - I’ve been flying from Hobie Beach, just east of the Rickenbacker Causeway bridge. That pier that runs under the bridge is so heavily fished that I am concerned of running into fishing lines. If it’s windy, and there is a old fishing line that was lost on the bridge it could wreck havoc.

The tracking shots are all manuel stick movements. I use none of the auto trackers. I’ve tried, and the problem is that the boats move too fast and I can’t get a lock, or The auto tracker loses the lock. Either way not the best for making long continuously-shot videos. I wasn’t able to chalk your boat video from my phone, I’ll check it later when I open the computer.

These two videos below were shot with a polarized ND8 on in the middle of a bright sunny day. No blur issues.

Reactions: Drone Master
Oh, almost forgot.

Editing done on MacBook Pro running Final Cut Pro x. There is a free plug in for the animated titles that I use for the names, prices, info.

It’s called 13 free callouts. They are like a plug in but you have to manually install them in the FCPX folder called generators. Literally drop in the generators folder and restart FCPX

To 4K Beaches
I have also flown from Hobie Beach but I cannot get direct LOV (line of vision) to my Mavic Air once I fly over the trees towards the buildings and I am always afraid to fly over the busy traffic of Rickenbacker Causeway. Also, I use Premiere Pro and have to search for plug ins for that. Here is my video of the Causeway (starts at 23 seconds into the tape).
At the bridge underpass there are many drone guys chasing the boats. Their flying is amazing-makes me envious I cannot have the nerve to do it.

Hello @4K Beaches and welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona. Enjoy the forum!

In answer to your question, the videos you posted are way too long IMHO. Most were 18-22 minutes. While your subjects look good, I didn’t have time to watch an hour and a half of videos. See if you can get the content down to <5 min, preferably 2-4 min.

Cheers!

Dale,
I enjoyed that video, you have an eye for adding depth and dynamics to the environment. Your colors are also very good. Clearly, you're skilled at editing and presentation. Chasing boats isn't that har. Probably the hardest part is keeping track of multiple moving boats in a close area and not flying into one on accident. I keep an eye out for other boats and wont circle one without paying close attention to the other.

I also watched you everglades video, you have a lot more confidence flying close to the grasses than I do, but it really brings out the scenes in a good way. I have a feeling Ill get some footage of the river one day too.

Thomas,

I not sure the final direction I am going with this channel, but I know I want the environment to really be pulled out. I'm trying to show how large the environment is, and how concentrated the activities are... I do agree, a 20 minute dose of anything is a lot to take in at once. I will likely manage that down too.

Thank you both

Dale,
I enjoyed that video, you have an eye for adding depth and dynamics to the environment. Your colors are also very good. Clearly, you're skilled at editing and presentation. Chasing boats isn't that har. Probably the hardest part is keeping track of multiple moving boats in a close area and not flying into one on accident. I keep an eye out for other boats and wont circle one without paying close attention to the other.

I also watched you everglades video, you have a lot more confidence flying close to the grasses than I do, but it really brings out the scenes in a good way. I have a feeling Ill get some footage of the river one day too.

Thomas,

I not sure the final direction I am going with this channel, but I know I want the environment to really be pulled out. I'm trying to show how large the environment is, and how concentrated the activities are... I do agree, a 20 minute dose of anything is a lot to take in at once. I will likely manage that down too.

Thank you both

Not to belabor this thread but I have evolved from 40 minute slide shows with three Kodak carousels and actual physical Kodak slides to digital and then to video. My shows were once long DVD productions mailed to friends. I have learned over the years (I am 80) that most people now want a 2 or 3 minute show and do not have time for anything longer. Having just returned from Iceland with tons of images (it took a week to edit them in Photoshop), and tons of drone videos and tons of time lapse sequences of 20-30 seconds, that I must do some very tight editing now to produce a reasonably concise show for the web. I am aiming for a 3 minute shortie of the highlights, and a 15 minutes long version of images/timelapses/drone video, each taking less than 3 seconds.

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing the Iceland clips. I also followed both your advise, aside from making a video less than 5 minutes long, I also adjusted the exposure and contrast to some degree. Do these colors look better than the last?

Thank You

Very nicely done- Much better colors. Of course color correction is in the beholder's eye but to my eye I like to put in a bit more contrast, saturation, open the shadows, make the greens more vivid, cut the highlights to bring out details in clouds and white areas. In Adobe Premiere Pro I go to the color tab, and go down the tabs- from basic editing, to the other tabs and adjust the sliders one at a time to my liking.

Welcome to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d