DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Miami. Looking for feedback

Well, I made another video, but I don't seem to have the colors right. Any advice? Also, pay no mind to the annoying subscribe banner, thats just a test to see if people actually subscribe because you remind them.

Reactions: Drone Master
I am only familiar with the color correct functions of Adobe Premiere Pro. See my screen shot here and find the "BLUE" color tab on top menu. Click on the "color" tab, then go through all of the drop down menus on the right , adjusting each slider to my preferences. I usually like to crank up the sharpness, but not enough to increase the noise. I tweak the saturation slider, play around with with exposure, contrast, tone down the highlights, increase the shadows if needed, adjust the whites and blacks, then open the next category (ICreative) where you will find more options such as sharpening, saturation, etc. I am sure every video editing program has the color correction abilities. Hope this helps.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: 4K Beaches
Well, I made another video, but I don't seem to have the colors right. Any advice? Also, pay no mind to the annoying subscribe banner, thats just a test to see if people actually subscribe because you remind them.

Love the content! Color enrichment definitely needed. More contrast with at least a ND4 filter may help.

Unfortunately more contrast with an ND4 filter not a possibility once the video has been taken! As far as the content of the video, I would have liked the photographer to keep the subjects in the center of the frame most of the time

Unfortunately more contrast with an ND4 filter not a possibility once the video has been taken! As far as the content of the video, I would have liked the photographer to keep the subjects in the center of the frame most of the time
Agreed. However, the OP will have less to do in post if he can get his cam settings and filters to work based on lighting conditions.
Luckily he has the video to work with, but if you can get a perfect shoot on the first run, makes all the difference. Less time in edit. Sooner the post.

Well, no work of art by any means.... I've worked on the contrast, sharpness and saturation.. Also, how is the presentation as a style? Thanks

Also, bonus fun starting at 1:40

As we say in Miami- "Mucho Mejor," which, for you people in Tokyo means ...much better! (BTW- I am an Anglo). Better on the contrast, sharpening, and saturation. With respect to your flying abilities, I am jealous. Good centration on the subject (the boat), following, circling...all feats I am bad at. The transitions were a bit jarring to me. At first I thought it was an accident, then I realized you were using the jiggle as a legitimate transition from one scene to the next. The presentation as a style is certainly unique.

Thanks you both for your input. Is there a related thread somewhere that may have a chart or otherwise for recommended settings for the Mavic Pro 2, and or additional settings when using filters? I have a set of 4, 8, and 16 filters however stopped using them.

The presentation I'm shooting for is to show depth and concentration of activity in the environment, as well as showing how large the environment is compared to us. I think I will work more on a smoother presentation as it is certainly jarring. My videos are nowhere near smooth compared to you Iceland video

Also Im an American in Miami... Not sure where Tokyo came from

thank you

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have been flying for only about a month. So far I have been making videos mostly of boats that I upload to YouTube on a channel called 4K Beaches. I am hoping that some of you would be interested in reviewing some of the videos and also providing feedback that would help me make more interesting and better quality videos. Feedback can be anything from flight, to camera settings, to editing, anything you think of is appreciated. For reference I am flying the Mavic pro 2 on manual settings.

Here is a link to my newest attempt of a video.

Thank you for the support!

Happy 4th of July!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I just wanted to thank you guys again for the continued support in this evolution process.

Again, I have made another video. This was a high wind situation and the drone told me land a couple times. Anyway, I find that there is some choppiness in some scenes and not in others, though I don't think it was wind related. I was wondering what may have caused it and how to correct or avoid it.

Thanks for your insight

Your footage looks great to me! I also get crazy movements that I wish I could correct. Here is a video I would like to understand better.
It deals with alignment of the video frames using key frames.Start at around 6:10. I love this man's videos and subscribe to his series. If you are not familiar, you should check him out. He uses Premiere Pro but also After Effects and brings down a ruler to use as a guide to re-aligh the horizon. Also, he uses key frames a lot to correct crazy movements.

Thanks Dale. I will check out the video. I use a Final Cut Pro but many things are similar.

I just took a bunch of shaky video about an hour ago filming a shark in shallow water. Hopefully I got some good shots. It’s always exciting filming nature’s beasts.

Here is a low resolution image from the cache. I will be posting the shark video likely in a few days.

Anyone know what species shark?

Last edited:
I'm a FL boy, that's very likely a Nurse Shark. They tend to be comfortable in warm/shallow water and the most numerous in S. Fla. I see several every time I dive, typically sleeping in the reefs or under rocks. They also have a calm demeanor, I pet them all the time; they're basically underwater dogs.

One more thing...are you familiar with Warp Stabilization? It exists inside Premiere and After Effects. It is in the effects tab and can be dragged on to the clip in the time line and adjusting the parameters in the upper left corner of the screen.

I am away from computer now for several days- about to start a 4 week trip to Montana where I plan to do lots of timelapse, motion timelapse, and drone video, hyperlapse, etc. then put it all together with music.

Dale, I look forward to it. Montana is beautiful and I’m sure you’ll capture its best

I'm a FL boy, that's very likely a Nurse Shark. They tend to be comfortable in warm/shallow water and the most numerous in S. Fla. I see several every time I dive, typically sleeping in the reefs or under rocks. They also have a calm demeanor, I pet them all the time; they're basically underwater dogs.

My partner was washing their hands in the water off the side of the boat and a big loud swirl occurred next to the swim ladder at the boat motor, about 2-3 feet from the boat. I was already flying back to the boat with a low battery alarm and arrived about 1 minute later and didn't realize I had captured the shark on the first battery flight. The shark was still there circling back to the boat. I guesstimate the shark is about 6 feet based on dimensions of my boat.

Well, I made another video. Please let me know how I can improve it. If there is anything that I should have, could have or shouldn't have done, please let me know.

A guy nearly swims through poop at 1:08 and the lady at 2:36 oh no!

Thank you

Well again I made another video. If anyone could give thoughts on what to do to produce better video quality that would be great. I used noise reduction for the first time on this video.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet