DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Tampa Florida

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum neighbor! Hope you enjoy from the Nature Coast of Florida (just a bit north of you)

Just finished setup of Mavic Air. Phew!
New to MavicPilot and to drones. Hoping to expand my photography skills.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Must be nice in Arizona, lots of places to fly. I live in myrtle beach South Carolina not many places to fly. Good thing I travel, I got my Mavic because I travel a lot and will take it with me. Send me a picture to get me to come out there. I’m hiding in the AC this week. I bet it’s hot out there

Must be nice in Arizona, lots of places to fly. I live in myrtle beach South Carolina not many places to fly. Good thing I travel, I got my Mavic because I travel a lot and will take it with me. Send me a picture to get me to come out there. I’m hiding in the AC this week. I bet it’s hot out there
Temps are high. Some days too hot to fly... so if you come do it late fall to early spring. These are a few that I had on my phone... sorry, not at the computer.
8C38B50E-D656-4935-8244-249748F559A4.jpeg

F4F9B817-ADDD-4B2F-8A52-CBC6DBE50EA2.jpeg
0C856966-76FC-4D7C-AADF-41C5ED064F00.jpeg

74E57F03-D30A-4331-967F-7CBE77D14AD1.jpeg

The one above is my drone from a buddy’s. The West end of the Santans in the background is flyable.

Below is a screenshot of Phoenix... from near my home... done with my Spark in the good old days.
1565657743580.png

Just finished setup of Mavic Air. Phew!
New to MavicPilot and to drones. Hoping to expand my photography skills.

Hey Breeves, welcome to the drone world and Mavic Air experience. To you and the others in the Tampa area, I would recommend flying the Sulphur Springs Tower, for some Downtown views garage tops fly vertical not horizontal, behind Armature Works you have the Hillsborough river and a great shot of Downtown. I've flown the USF water tower, Ybor City cigar factory, Tampa Bay Downs, and I find the old steel train bridges interesting to record.

I tried flying in the park downtown, across the river from USF. Iwas told all county parks were no fly zones. I had already finished my first battery and the tablet I used then always gave me fits, so I packed up.
Someone posted having flown in USF parking lot but admitted he was later kicked out.

I'm looking for drone friendly areas to fly in Tampa as I do work there.

I live in Hernando County. So far it is a drone friendly county, though I hear too many are flying at the park near the airport.
Now that LAANC is available to hobbyists, it may be legal to fly in that park, though probably at limited altitude. Plenty of other places to fly.

West Pasco has also been friendly. I've flown in Sims Park a few times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv