DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the beautiful South Island of New Zealand.

New here and just wanted to say hi.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Incase you are new to drones and since you live in New Zealand, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

So, are you flying a drone or just "Day Tripping?

Happy Droning…

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Incase you are new to drones and since you live in New Zealand, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

So, are you flying a drone or just "Day Tripping?

Happy Droning…
Thankyou for welcoming me to the forum, and yes I do have an original mini1 drone, unfortunately my eyesight is not what it use to be and the screen on my phone looks as though its getting smaller every day. I have been trying to find a longer version of the cable between my RC and my Samsung Tablet so that I could maybe fly for awhile longer. If you could point me in the direction of someone that might help it would be much appreciated.
Once again thankyou for the welcome.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Rippyroo

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Fly safe and stay safe:

I have been trying to find a longer version of the cable between my RC and my Samsung Tablet so that I could maybe fly for awhile longer. If you could point me in the direction of someone that might help it would be much appreciated.
I also have issues with my eye sight and I use a Galaxy Tablet S2 (8-inch screen) and a Galaxy Tablet A8 (10-inch screen, but heavy…) and the original USB-C to Micro-USB that came with my controller works with the S2, but I had to buy a separate USB-C to USB-C (DATA/CHARGE) cable off of eBay, it's 36" long and it was the shortest there was. It cost about $3 US (Free Shipping).

Below is a link I posted a while back about how I mount the Tablet (I'm cheap…). The bracket for the S2 is just shorter.

There are better and shorter cables that would be a better choice but they cost a lot more. Just remember to buy a Data/Charge cable, not some cheapie from a department store that is only intended to charge a phone…

Since you are in New Zealand and I'm in the US, any recommendation on buying a cable probably would not be very useful. I suggest you google drone dealers in NZ and maybe Australia.

Finally, check out our "Local and Regional Discussions Sub-Forums" We have one for Austalia…

Lastly, Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Good Luck!

How far south?
I was all over the far south last month and loved it.
I have been trying to find a longer version of the cable between my RC and my Samsung Tablet so that I could maybe fly for awhile longer. If you could point me in the direction of someone that might help it would be much appreciated.
Ebay etc have a huge range of cables to work with.
Just make sure you get a data cable,(because there are some charge-only cables) and the right connections for your tablet and controller.
They are cheap so grab a spare .
The right angle connectors are good to use with tablets.
Here's one I use:
i-PhcTLBM-XL.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member