DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Washington State

Looks like an interesting book. If you find it helpful, or not, write up a review and include some snapshots of some of the pages and post it in the "Mini 3 Discussions" forum.

Remember, in my initial "Welcome Posting," I included the link to all the DJI Downloads for the Mini 3.

I am a more visual person and I prefer a video to reading a dry book (admittedly, the DJI User Manual is dry, but I've read mine several times and I'm still picking up little things…).

If you also like visual stimuli that actually shows you a step-by-step hot-to (verses a snap shot on a page…), here is a great video for beginners. It just might keep your bird in the air verses stuck in a tree…

Good Luck!
Did write a review ... my biggest contention is that the book was obviously translated from Italian to English and sometimes the translation didn't go as planned. Otherwise, an in-depth guide for the mini 3 pro.

Reactions: LoudThunder
my biggest contention is that the book was obviously translated from Italian to English and sometimes the translation didn't go as planned.
I lived in Italy for 3-years in the late '70s when I was assigned to NATO Headquarters, Air South, in Bagnoli (just outside of Naples. I took 4-college courses in Italian, received my teachers certificate in Italian, but I never learned to think in Italian. When someone is bi-lingual, they do not think in one language and translate the thoughts into words, they think in that language. I never learned to do that. I also supervised 5-Italians and we had an agreement, they must speak in English, and I had to speak in Italian and it did not help… So I know the issue of what can happen when one language is translated into another, using the Grammar from the first language, "something gets lost…" But it can lead to some interesting conversations… Like my best Italian friend asked if he could go wash up in my "toilet" when he meant to say "bathroom…"

I lived in Italy for 3-years in the late '70s when I was assigned to NATO Headquarters, Air South, in Bagnoli (just outside of Naples. I took 4-college courses in Italian, received my teachers certificate in Italian, but I never learned to think in Italian. When someone is bi-lingual, they do not think in one language and translate the thoughts into words, they think in that language. I never learned to do that. I also supervised 5-Italians and we had an agreement, they must speak in English, and I had to speak in Italian and it did not help… So I know the issue of what can happen when one language is translated into another, using the Grammar from the first language, "something gets lost…" But it can lead to some interesting conversations… Like my best Italian friend asked if he could go wash up in my "toilet" when he meant to say "bathroom…"
Maybe the publisher could have run the book by someone who's ONLY language is English and likewise to other languages as needed. See the pic for page 130 of my review as something easily seen by someone who only knows English (labeled Libero mode vice Free mode in both table of contents and page 130). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
Maybe the publisher could have run the book by someone who's ONLY language is English
He probably did, where was it published, in the US or Italy or elsewhere? And they probably ran spell check and "Libero" is spelled correctly, and if you've ever gone bonzo about some of today's language then this is nothing special. My pet peeves are, "he gave it to him and I"… or "The gentleman (accused murderer…) and I conversated about the shooting…" or how about a national newspaper whose headline reads, "Put Headline Here"

You've heard the old Roman expression, "Veni, Vidi, Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered), well you can now say, "Veni, Vidi, Visa" (I came, I saw, I bought…).

I went, I looked, and I read your review… Well, the book is probably a thousand times better than just reading the User Manual… I clicked on the author's link (Massimiliano Zeuli ) in the Amazon Ad and his other books are written in Italian…

Finally, I recommend you go to YouTube; actually seeing and hearing the instructions is often many times better than just reading the dry instructions…

Reactions: GFields

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki