DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help before travel to Vanuatu Volcano and Fiji

once again you haven't answered the post but launch off in some kind of diversionary rant about website spelling and speed - give me a break and respond to the issue at hand.
The forum visitors are waiting for you to answer the specific points.

here again is your original post :

For Fiji and Vanuatu, you will require a permit, or permission basically. The process takes a couple weeks and can be done via the government authorities directly, or we can do it for you for a small fee. We try and keep an up to date version of the laws for both countries via the following links,

Fiji Drone Laws & Permits
Vanuatu Drone Laws & Permits

Safe travels, let us know if you have any questions and we would be happy to provide advice and help!

My response:

1. Vanuatu does not require a 'Permit'
2. the process takes 5 mins
3. you cannot do it for a third party
4. your small fee is the same as the actual registration and you offer 'commercial permits' which don't exist at $99.00
5. you don't have an updated version of Vanuatu CAAV Drone Rules Part 101. via your link

answers ?

I am done arguing here, I am repeating the same points time and time again and you are repeating the same thing time and time again. This is going in circles, and I think I have made my points abundantly clear. I appreciate the info you have provided, and we will make sure that any customers looking to go to Vanuatu are informed of your site they need to visit to register.

I am done arguing here, I am repeating the same points time and time again and you are repeating the same thing time and time again. This is going in circles, and I think I have made my points abundantly clear. I appreciate the info you have provided, and we will make sure that any customers looking to go to Vanuatu are informed of your site they need to visit to register.
Yes it's abundantly clear all right, because you have some happy clients elsewhere in the world, in your mind that negates the fact you are offering services you clearly can't provide for drone users in Vanuatu. And as the registrar I should ignore what you are doing as it's all good for you :)

I suggest you remove any reference to Vanuatu - we are more than capable of providing registration services and do not need any third party website providing offers of assistance (paid or free).

You are not authorised to provide any services on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu and to continue to inform people you can do so is false.

That's the end of the matter and if you continue to do so further action will result.
Cease and Desist offering Vanuatu RPAS services - you have been warned

Hi there!
I will be travelling to Vanuatu in November and I was wondering if somebody has been flying there and could give me some advise. I will of course register my drone at VUV - Drone Management Vanuatu.
I'm gonna be on Tanna as well and visiting the volcano. Is it possible to fly there? I know you need the approval of the land owner. But who owns the volcano?
Thanks!

Hi there!
I will be travelling to Vanuatu in November and I was wondering if somebody has been flying there and could give me some advise. I will of course register my drone at VUV - Drone Management Vanuatu.
I'm gonna be on Tanna as well and visiting the volcano. Is it possible to fly there? I know you need the approval of the land owner. But who owns the volcano?
Thanks!

Hi Dr Cain
Yes, you can fly at Yasur volcano.
The local ni-vanuatu tour company Etani have been consulting with us to establish a 'whole area' approach to defining a safe designated flight area.
Simply put, you will be able to fly the complete Ash Plain and certain parts of the actual volcano and crater.

Best Regards
Mark Lowen
Vanuatu National RPAS Registrar

Hi Dr Cain
Yes, you can fly at Yasur volcano.
The local ni-vanuatu tour company Etani have been consulting with us to establish a 'whole area' approach to defining a safe designated flight area.
Simply put, you will be able to fly the complete Ash Plain and certain parts of the actual volcano and crater.

Best Regards
Mark Lowen
Vanuatu National RPAS Registrar

Great thanks! So I need to register as a RPAS pilot operator and the RPAS unit itself for $50(/year) each, correct?

Great thanks! So I need to register as a RPAS pilot operator and the RPAS unit itself for $50(/year) each, correct?

Yes, that's correct. The person who will fly the RPAS must be registered and each RPAS must also be registered. That's it from the Administration.

The Etani tours are also authorised to take you to waterfalls and other nice spots.
Depending on bookings, you may need to take the tours privately if they are heavily booked to avoid conflict with the flying near people rules.

- We have been planning to go to Tanna and survey each area so that intending RPAS visitors can preplan however the last 2 weeks weather has held up our plans.

It may very well be that by the time you visit, we will have a full overview of Tanna available.

regards
Mark

Hi John

Yes, started around 4-5 years ago with the first Phantom 2 :)
We are working on a conducted trip each day so that visitors are fly in different locations.

Bit like a normal tour, but this is specifically to fly in authorised locations so you can get the good spots and tips etc if wanted without having to worry with finding landowners and lodging Flight Operation Plans which would be mandatory if flying unaccompanied.
We could offer different terrain and locations for each flight over a number of days.

I would be interested on your thoughts on this as it's a new idea we feel would really be appreciated by visiting drone pilots.

regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

I am also planning a vacation to Port Villa and Tanna Island in June and will bring my drone as well.

What document is required for registration? Is drone liability insurance compulsory for registration?

We are interested to join your conducted tour so we can fly to authorised locations with good spots. Can I have more information on that?

Thanks
Butan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome