DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Needed Please

slotcop1

Reactions
Ok first of all I've tried looking up the topic of lost communication and know each situation is different so any help on this o e is appreciated.
So about a month ago I did the latest update, the one that took approximately an hour, anyway did everything correctly and download went through. Recalibrate everything just for good practice and went flying following day. Flew MP across about 50 ft to an empty lot and set it's Home Point. Flew awhile with no issues them wanted to take a picture of daughter and myself in yard so switched to Tripod Mode, flew it within 4 ft to take pic (controller within 4 ft too) MP lost connection which activated RTH which caused it to hit a tree and crash. When it went into RTH, I tried to "Pause" it however it never regained communication in order for me to regain control.
Weather was perfect, no previous issues in area. I use DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung S5.
I've got the DJI CARE so I sent MP into DJI for repair hoping it be under warranty which it wasn't so I was charged however they couldn't explain the loss of communication.

Any suggestions?????? I'd understand if I had done something wrong or weather was bad, something but this I can't figure out and can't afford to have it to happen again.......

Ok first of all I've tried looking up the topic of lost communication and know each situation is different so any help on this o e is appreciated.
So about a month ago I did the latest update, the one that took approximately an hour, anyway did everything correctly and download went through. Recalibrate everything just for good practice and went flying following day. Flew MP across about 50 ft to an empty lot and set it's Home Point. Flew awhile with no issues them wanted to take a picture of daughter and myself in yard so switched to Tripod Mode, flew it within 4 ft to take pic (controller within 4 ft too) MP lost connection which activated RTH which caused it to hit a tree and crash. When it went into RTH, I tried to "Pause" it however it never regained communication in order for me to regain control.
Weather was perfect, no previous issues in area. I use DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung S5.
I've got the DJI CARE so I sent MP into DJI for repair hoping it be under warranty which it wasn't so I was charged however they couldn't explain the loss of communication.

Any suggestions?????? I'd understand if I had done something wrong or weather was bad, something but this I can't figure out and can't afford to have it to happen again.......
Howdy slotcop1, if the was in a residential neighborhood the WiFi, or 2.4 GHz cordless phones could have caused interference; and I have noticed that sometimes if I am too close to the drone (within a couple feet) I get a warning of weak signal. Did you get any warnings?
Regards,
-d.

Thanks D
It was in town, however I live in a very very small town in Iowa......our road is gravel small town! Lol
No prior warning, that's why so puzzling. I've lost communication before but I could explain or understand why, this didn't make sense to me and lil'disappointed that DJI offered no explanation other than "Need to pay $70 for the $816 repair". After my year of DJI Care runs out I'll be REAL nervous!

Thanks D
It was in town, however I live in a very very small town in Iowa......our road is gravel small town! Lol
No prior warning, that's why so puzzling. I've lost communication before but I could explain or understand why, this didn't make sense to me and lil'disappointed that DJI offered no explanation other than "Need to pay $70 for the $816 repair". After my year of DJI Care runs out I'll be REAL nervous!
I can understand your frustration, I am sorry that I can not offer better assistance however there are many more knowledgeable individuals on this forum who may be able to help you. Good Luck,
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: slotcop1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J