DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey!!! FROM SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Monty

Reactions
Hi All,

Been using this forum to learn more about my mavic pro that iv had for a few weeks now and am having so much fun with it.

Thanks for creating the forum guys, it has been an awesome help ever since I got my drone.

Look forward to chatting with you all in the near future

Hey Monty,

I'm a newbie from Sydney as well. How are you finding the Mavic Pro? Where are you flying it in Sydney (there aren't many places!)

Cheers,

Mike

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum guys. :)

Hey Monty,

I'm a newbie from Sydney as well. How are you finding the Mavic Pro? Where are you flying it in Sydney (there aren't many places!)

Mike

Go South young man.

There are places around Sydney just be mindful of Harbour, Airport and surrounding National Parks.

Reactions: Nitrox72
Hey Monty,

Cheers,

Mike

To be honest im manly just flying the drone in the park in my area to get used to the features but am looking to try some new spots.

We should catch up some were for a fly

Reactions: Nitrox72
Go South young man.

There are places around Sydney just be mindful of Harbour, Airport and surrounding National Parks.

Thanks Michael. I did my "maiden flight" following the CASA guidelines a few days ago in St Leonards Park (by North Sydney Oval) - no people, open space, etc - but saw by accident later that day a CASA Facebook post about a guy they busted over Sydney Harbour with a picture that showed the restricted airspace over Sydney covers most of the basin. I'm looking forward to CASA releasing their app making these things a little more obvious!

I'm on a houseboat for the next four days on the Hawkesbury where I'm looking forward to some amazing footage and hopefully keeping my new toy dry!

To be honest im manly just flying the drone in the park in my area to get used to the features but am looking to try some new spots.

We should catch up some were for a fly

That wasn't you flying off Dobroyd Head on the weekend was it? I was doing the Spit to Manly walk and saw a Mavic Pro flying just off the lookout :)

That wasn't you flying off Dobroyd Head on the weekend was it? I was doing the Spit to Manly walk and saw a Mavic Pro flying just off the lookout :)

hahaha. . . . I wish. Na im in a new estate near Camden and im many flown around that area.

Thanks Michael. I did my "maiden flight" following the CASA guidelines a few days ago in St Leonards Park (by North Sydney Oval) - no people, open space, etc - but saw by accident later that day a CASA Facebook post about a guy they busted over Sydney Harbour with a picture that showed the restricted airspace over Sydney covers most of the basin. I'm looking forward to CASA releasing their app making these things a little more obvious!

I'm on a houseboat for the next four days on the Hawkesbury where I'm looking forward to some amazing footage and hopefully keeping my new toy dry!
Remember if flying over water as a safeguard turn off Landing protection in settings.
Some have had problems with Auto Landing kicking in whilst over water.
Drones don't like getting wet.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I'm in Western Sydney flying my Mavic. Heading to Kiama on Sunday to get some pics with my drone.

Reactions: DTND and Monty
Like your link.. LuvMyTJ. Goes to show you how user friendly the Mavic is, that I haven't looked at the user manual to fly yet. Plenty of youtube though.. just to see all the do not's!!!

Reactions: Monty
Like your link.. LuvMyTJ. Goes to show you how user friendly the Mavic is, that I haven't looked at the user manual to fly yet. Plenty of youtube though.. just to see all the do not's!!!

I'm the same. Have only read the basics of the manual and the rest of the knowledge came from YouTube vids on the DOs and DONTs
The mavic is so easy to learn to fly coming from no drone experience at all

Reactions: DTND
Remember if flying over water as a safeguard turn off Landing protection in settings.
Some have had problems with Auto Landing kicking in whilst over water.
Drones don't like getting wet.
Thanks for the tip - I'd be devastated if I dropped my new baby in the drink, especially looking at the footage I've been getting off the houseboat and the Hawkesbury river.

Go South young man.

Hi,
I'm from Bolivia and this is my first visit to Sydney. I brought my Mavic and I was wondering where I could legally fly? Any good spots, tips?
Thanks!

Many places outside Sydney itself.
Download app. Can I Fly There from Google store or Apple Store.
We are lucky to not have the restrictions which seem prevelant in other parts of a world.
Areas in Blue Mts with discretion, the coastal areas are some of best in world.
Take a trip along south coast from Sydney.
There are restrictions officially in National Parks be sensible around those areas.
Lots of other open areas include State Forests with less restrictions.
What is your itinerary over here?

Many places outside Sydney itself.
Download app. Can I Fly There from Google store or Apple Store.
We are lucky to not have the restrictions which seem prevelant in other parts of a world.
Areas in Blue Mts with discretion, the coastal areas are some of best in world.
Take a trip along south coast from Sydney.
There are restrictions officially in National Parks be sensible around those areas.
Lots of other open areas include State Forests with less restrictions.
What is your itinerary over here?
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I loved your country.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78