DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Wellington, New Zealand

Welcome to the forum mate.

You got an replacement MA2 and not an A2S ?
(Would have been nice :) )

Anyway, you should be CE there, when I checked a long time ago FCC was virtually just a US thing.
One way to tell might be connect the RC to the MA2 and the viewing device go to the setting section in the app.
Select the channel info section (?) and see what it shows, if in 2.4G mode if you are in FCC you should see 11 channels, otherwise you are in CE (13 channels ?).

I think if a drone has both 2.4 and 5.8, I think the drone selects the one for your region automatically, not sure but recall some saying they changed theirs to FCC, but would be illegal probably.

I was angling for the A2S but alas the replacement A2 showed up.

When I go into settings it only shows frequencies and options fo 2.4 / 5.8 or both... .but no discreet channels like previously. I wonder if its a newer version of the app / firmware making it harder to tell... unless I'm just looking in the wrong place of course.

I was angling for the A2S but alas the replacement A2 showed up.

When I go into settings it only shows frequencies and options fo 2.4 / 5.8 or both... .but no discreet channels like previously. I wonder if its a newer version of the app / firmware making it harder to tell... unless I'm just looking in the wrong place of course.

Not a Fly user, but I'm sure someone here might be able to give you a few pointers.
Enjoy anyway, and hopefully no problems with the replacement, whether it was an aircraft problem or pilot related.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

and also whether Airsense can be enabled in New Zealand somehow.
Oh, forgot you asked about this.
I don't think Airsense (ADS-B) is required as yet in NZ, certainly not here or planned so far for drones.

The US is about the only place this is now available, and mandated for all drones by a certain time ?
UK, I think something is happening there too (fully in by 2023 ?).

Until very recently, light aircraft / helicopters here in Oz didn't require ADS-B, we had a mandate for light aircraft think it was for 2020 for those to all get at least output (broadcast) ADS-B, not sure if that's fully rolled out, and includes helis (think so).

So really that sort of tech for drones hasn't been handy here as aircraft with ADS-B were so high anyway, it didn't matter.
We of course are only concerned with low flying light aircraft, and even more so helis as they can and do fly (as you would be aware in NZ) very low.

Maybe call the CAA there, they will easily answer your question about light aircraft inc helis having ADS-B now.
If so, CAA NZ (and out CASA here) will likely follow the US FAA RID (Remote ID) for drones eventually.

I know from reading several posts from US pilots on this forum, the RID can be a pain, warning about nearby aircraft.
At 35k feet !
It uses the birds eye view and if one is flying waaaay overhead, it still gives a warning to the drone pilot.
They should tweak such software to only pick up flights under say 1000' to eliminate the 'noise'.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Just got a new replacement MA2 courtesy of a warranty replacement with JB HiFi and it seems to be a different version drone. Keen to check out and understand FCC / CE and also whether Airsense can be enabled in New Zealand somehow.
Just got a new replacement MA2 courtesy of a warranty replacement with JB HiFi and it seems to be a different version drone. Keen to check out and understand FCC / CE and also whether Airsense can be enabled in New Zealand somehow.
Welcome from Long Island NY. Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986